Need some urgent help please about car oil

9 replies
Found 3rd Jun 2010
Hey all,
just a quick question about car oil folks

We have a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4, 47,000 miles and we have no idea what oil to use?

Can anyone tell us? Thanks

Our car oil is at the bare min lol

9 Comments

Original Poster

Reason I'm asking is Halfords told me a load of guff last time, I ended up pouring the wrong oil in even tho they got the info from their computers

everything online seems to be pointing to 5w40

(fiat.co.uk/Con…372)

Original Poster

coerce86;8754291

everything online seems to be pointing to … everything online seems to be pointing to 5w40(http://www.fiat.co.uk/Content/?id=2372)

See Halfords say 0w40 fully synthetic instead

Original Poster

Oh was that link for Diesels? our one is for Petrol mate

Original Poster

I just called Fiat Arnold Clark in Dundee and the guy says they stick in 5w/30 in all their vehicles

Jeeso, who to believe lol

to be sure I'd ring your local fiat dealer, ask for the parts department and ask them, sure they will help. failing that ring fiat customer service, they even have a live chat function
fiat.co.uk/con…spx

Doesn't it say in your manual though?

Banned

saxo_appeal;8754361

I just called Fiat Arnold Clark in Dundee and the guy says they stick in … I just called Fiat Arnold Clark in Dundee and the guy says they stick in 5w/30 in all their vehiclesJeeso, who to believe lol

no need to worry too much between 5w30 or 0w40 or 10w40!

get a good make, so it has the latest api-SL rating, any of the ranges above will be fine! its such a little difference it wont make any to your engine, api rating (any modern oil will be even better than that required by your engine) and changing it when its supposed to, along with filter, and you wont go wrong

no need for semi synthetic, or fully synthetic, its not a sports car! (or a car with turbo), halfords own oil is from a major supplier so that will be fine, or a major brand will also do!

Original Poster

Got 5w30 part synthetic Halfords own brand
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gas Cooker Hose Required56
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed428
    3. Driving anxiety.1212
    4. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.35

See more discussions