Groups

Need Some Wiper Blades, Best Place For Some Reasonable Quality Ones?

For a 1999 T Ford Galaxy, Ford want £58 for a pair which to be honest is a total rip off,

I need some quality new ones, I've tried cheap wipers from £ shop in past on my previous cars and they've been really poor and smear so not going to waste money on them.

So are Halfords wipers any good?

What's best brand?

Don't want performance wipers or anything, Just some that do the job properly, Don't smear and last more than 10 minutes.

Thanks

10 Comments

tesco sell them-we got them a few weeks ago-they were a good brand but cant recall and were pmed i think £5 and were £2.99

I always find bosch ones best.

halfords will be good, or as louloo says tesco. If you have a motor factors nearby they will be the cheapest

Sheep87;3953490

halfords will be good, or as louloo says tesco. If you have a motor … halfords will be good, or as louloo says tesco. If you have a motor factors nearby they will be the cheapest

our motorworld was most expensive. I think tesco were goodyear? not certain but they had all sizes and sooo cheap:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks all, Tried Tesco's and they didn't have any 26" or 27" ones, Only upto 24".

Anyway got some from Halfords for £25, They had Bosch at £28 but I was assured Halfords ones were just as good.

They appear to be fine and theirs no smears, Still rather expensive but less than half of what Ford wanted so still rather happy.

Can't believe Ford wanted 58quid! I had to get a new pair recentley and paid £18 for them from Nissan.

Banned

shauneco;3955898

Thanks all, Tried Tesco's and they didn't have any 26" or 27" ones, Only … Thanks all, Tried Tesco's and they didn't have any 26" or 27" ones, Only upto 24".Anyway got some from Halfords for £25, They had Bosch at £28 but I was assured Halfords ones were just as good.They appear to be fine and theirs no smears, Still rather expensive but less than half of what Ford wanted so still rather happy.

lol £3 extra for Bosch.....and you went for Halfords :oops: oh dear

lumoruk;3956468

Agreed.. :whistling:

Bosch blades sell cheaply on ebay.

Original Poster

lumoruk;3956468

I know Bosch are said to be a good but Halfords ones seemed pretty good quality ones and as they were £25 assumed they'd be fit for the job and they are up to now.

I wanted to pay the extra £3 but the wife's face dropped even though it was her who suggested we replace a split wiper blade lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?914
      2. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11

See more discussions