Need some Xbox Live Gold guidance...

Posted 8th Dec 2019
I know there's a plethora of things on here about Xbox Live Gold and Ultimate etc etc and I'm very overwhelmed by it all. I'm hoping someone could tell me what's the best thing to do.
My Gold expired in August, so I bought the 1 month of Ultimate for £1. Once that expired, I waited a month and then bought 1 month of Gold for £1. This leads me to now, where my gold expires on the 12th of December.

I'm primarily asking what's the best thing to do. I want to renew my Gold (preferably after Christmas), but want to know what's the most cost effective way. If I go on my Xbox dashboard, I am being given the offer of 3 months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £10.99. This seems a good deal, but do I just buy this now, because what happens after 3 months? Do I just buy 12 months Gold off CD Keys? Help!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
What do you want Xbox live gold to play multi player and the 4 free games every month or game pass with access to 100+ games every month? Ultimate includes both which you may want as well.
I’m not too bothered about having Ultimate but if it’s just a little extra and works out cost effective then I’ll go for it
You should have asked last week - Argos has 3 months Ultimate for just over £13. Which was stackable.
Edited by: "alg" 9th Dec 2019
alg09/12/2019 16:11

You should have asked last week - Argos has 3 months Ultimate for just …You should have asked last week - Argos has 3 months Ultimate for just over £13. Which was stackable.

If I go on my xbox dashboard they’re offering me 3 months for £10.99 and then 3 months ultimate on amazon is currently £15.99. Is this a good deal?
JoshBrownn1509/12/2019 16:19

If I go on my xbox dashboard they’re offering me 3 months for £10.99 and th …If I go on my xbox dashboard they’re offering me 3 months for £10.99 and then 3 months ultimate on amazon is currently £15.99. Is this a good deal?

The one on the dashboard will be a one off (sort of), while the ones on Amazon should be stackable (ie you can buy more than one of them). They're both decent, as the RRP is something like £33 for 3 months.
alg09/12/2019 19:09

The one on the dashboard will be a one off (sort of), while the ones on …The one on the dashboard will be a one off (sort of), while the ones on Amazon should be stackable (ie you can buy more than one of them). They're both decent, as the RRP is something like £33 for 3 months.

So do you think it’d be a good idea to buy the £10.99 dashboard offer and the £15.99 off amazon to keep me going for 6 months at only £25.99?
JoshBrownn1509/12/2019 19:14

So do you think it’d be a good idea to buy the £10.99 dashboard offer and t …So do you think it’d be a good idea to buy the £10.99 dashboard offer and the £15.99 off amazon to keep me going for 6 months at only £25.99?

That's up to you - but seems reasonable to me. But when I look on Amazon, I see it for £33.
alg09/12/2019 19:17

That's up to you - but seems reasonable to me. But when I look on Amazon, …That's up to you - but seems reasonable to me. But when I look on Amazon, I see it for £33.

Oh no, the £15.99 deal from last night has now expired on both amazon and curry’s :/ they’re both £33....oops!
JoshBrownn1509/12/2019 19:19

Oh no, the £15.99 deal from last night has now expired on both amazon and …Oh no, the £15.99 deal from last night has now expired on both amazon and curry’s :/ they’re both £33....oops!

£18 on CDKeys - cdkeys.com/xbo…-pc
alg09/12/2019 19:21

£18 on CDKeys - …£18 on CDKeys - https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

Oh brilliant. I might buy the £10.99 on my dashboard and then see what deals come up in three months time...or sooner if a good one crops up! Thanks a lot 🏻
Just adding on to the question. I usually buy my son the gold package am I right in saying it goes on offer as a renewal?
brooketelfer3012/12/2019 09:24

Just adding on to the question. I usually buy my son the gold package am I …Just adding on to the question. I usually buy my son the gold package am I right in saying it goes on offer as a renewal?

Assuming you can afford, buy 3 years of Xbox Live - preferably the Brazil one because it costs £25 for 12 months but you'll need a VPN to redeem. Refuse the additional month for turning on auto-renewal for each code redeemed so you can get the full 36 months.

After this, pay the £1 to convert it all to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. You'll have 3 years of Ultimate for around £76 which is a ridiculous bargain.
bisoner12/12/2019 10:48

Assuming you can afford, buy 3 years of Xbox Live - preferably the Brazil …Assuming you can afford, buy 3 years of Xbox Live - preferably the Brazil one because it costs £25 for 12 months but you'll need a VPN to redeem. Refuse the additional month for turning on auto-renewal for each code redeemed so you can get the full 36 months.After this, pay the £1 to convert it all to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. You'll have 3 years of Ultimate for around £76 which is a ridiculous bargain.

Thank you I’ll look into doing this
Okay so I stupidly used the £1 for a month of Ultimate in August so now they’re offering me 3 months for £10.99. I’m going to buy 12 months of the Brazilian gold and then £10.99 so I get 15 months for £35 ish of Ultimate. Good idea?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants