Need speakers like this!

Found 21st May
Hi people, I'm looking to find speakers that look like this. Sound quality should be decent, nothing too amazing is required. Budget is £100, don't mind it being used. It's for part of my setup and so they should be black and white. Thanks 2942680-2BiAq.jpg
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
those exact speakers are the audio engine a2s, the stands they are on are a separate item so budget might be a bit out here and you will have to adjust if you want that "look"
amazon.co.uk/Aud…h=1

but there again amazon don't have much (anything in your budget range, either way over or way under

amazon.co.uk/s/r…ank
I know they're the audioengines, and that they're also bad in quality and high in price. I've looked up reviews and they're mixed. I'm surprised though, didn't know speakers went for this expensive.
sAmeri3 h, 16 m ago

I know they're the audioengines, and that they're also bad in quality and …I know they're the audioengines, and that they're also bad in quality and high in price. I've looked up reviews and they're mixed. I'm surprised though, didn't know speakers went for this expensive.

kmraudio.com/bar…wcB
sAmeri4 h, 56 m ago

I know they're the audioengines, and that they're also bad in quality and …I know they're the audioengines, and that they're also bad in quality and high in price. I've looked up reviews and they're mixed. I'm surprised though, didn't know speakers went for this expensive.

£200 would be considered a fairly entry level pair among the AV community. Indeed, they're the cheapest pair that brand make.

So take any talk about 'bad' sound quality with a big dollop of perspective. Unless they've literally got 1* from professional reviews they're still going to be the best speakers in your house.

Back to answer your original question, what about the Logitech Z200 in white? They're logitech so don't expect them to last more than a few years, but they're cheap and the colour combo you want (or it's inverse).

Or if you've got room for a subwoofer maybe the Edifier Prisma Bluetooth E3350, although they're more curved than the A2s:
edifier.com/gb/…oth

There's also a Prisma Encore for £125ish if you want wired input.

Or just go for a generic pair:
morecomputers.com/p/?…rox
EndlessWaves17 m ago

£200 would be considered a fairly entry level pair among the AV community. …£200 would be considered a fairly entry level pair among the AV community. Indeed, they're the cheapest pair that brand make.So take any talk about 'bad' sound quality with a big dollop of perspective. Unless they've literally got 1* from professional reviews they're still going to be the best speakers in your house.Back to answer your original question, what about the Logitech Z200 in white? They're logitech so don't expect them to last more than a few years, but they're cheap and the colour combo you want (or it's inverse).Or if you've got room for a subwoofer maybe the Edifier Prisma Bluetooth E3350, although they're more curved than the A2s:https://www.edifier.com/gb/en/speakers/e3350-prisma-bluetoothThere's also a Prisma Encore for £125ish if you want wired input.Or just go for a generic pair:http://www.morecomputers.com/p/?pid=APPSPX1W>>Approx

Appreciate the suggestions, the Edifier Prisma is alright but still not quite what I'm looking for. Doubt it would look good with my setup, thanks though.
If you want something good quality for £100 you'll need to consider used stuff

Tangent Evo's sound good and fit the black/white look - you'll need a decent amp though, I've got Evo E-34's and they sound great but need to be driven hard to get the best from them.

crutchfield.com/S-3…tml
andymagic3 h, 16 m ago

If you want something good quality for £100 you'll need to consider used …If you want something good quality for £100 you'll need to consider used stuffTangent Evo's sound good and fit the black/white look - you'll need a decent amp though, I've got Evo E-34's and they sound great but need to be driven hard to get the best from them.https://www.crutchfield.com/S-388KCvsgxoh/p_773EVO4W/Tangent-Audio-EVO-E4-White.html

I don't mind it being used. I'll probably have to go with a used Audioengine and wish for the best. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, sadly none of them would go with my setup other than the Evo E4 which just about does it. I'll see what prices on eBay say for the Audioengine and decide from there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants