Need suggestion on FB sale

Posted 17th Nov
I recently posted a speaker for sale on FB market place. After a week now I have a buyer who is ready to pay using bank transfer. He seems genuine (and he did not argue even a bit on not using PayPal) , I am vary of PayPal returns as know people who got scammed.

So this fella has done bacs transfer too. Am I now safe posting him the item ? Or can he still ask bank to revert the transaction? Or I am safe from any con being played.

I have kept all proof of negotiations on chat too.
Sorry it’s my first sale and on any social media and money involved is £200 hence skeptical and need advice.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Once the money is in your account it’s safe to send..
It doesn't get much safer than bank transfer
Haz_1917/11/2019 20:43

It doesn't get much safer than bank transfer

**For the seller
As good as cash
Thanks all for replies, I have booked the delivery will send it tomorrow morning.
RealOldMonk17/11/2019 21:15

Thanks all for replies, I have booked the delivery will send it tomorrow …Thanks all for replies, I have booked the delivery will send it tomorrow morning.

Will be fine as long as the source account has not been compromised, in which case you'd be stuffed.
Just do what we used to do on here in the FS/FT section get them to send via PayPal but as a friend payment they can't scam you then.
furbars17/11/2019 21:32

Just do what we used to do on here in the FS/FT section get them to send …Just do what we used to do on here in the FS/FT section get them to send via PayPal but as a friend payment they can't scam you then.

Friend payments are not safe

google.com/sea…F-8
furbars17/11/2019 21:32

Just do what we used to do on here in the FS/FT section get them to send …Just do what we used to do on here in the FS/FT section get them to send via PayPal but as a friend payment they can't scam you then.

Not particularly safe for the seller even if rxd as PP F&F: if the source account has been compromised then the payment can and will be reversed by PP, and/or if the buyer paid by card they can initiate a chargeback which is even worse for the seller as PP will hit the seller with a chargeback transaction fee.
Western Union or Moneygram are the safest way to receive money, unfortunately with them being used by scammers so much, most people will think you are a scammer if you ask them to pay that way
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants