Expired

Need to buy a camcorder ASAP

8 replies
Found 10th Jan 2007
Any ideas where I can get a good deal on a camcorder? Looking for something basic. (It's for an older/wiser user so nothing to swish) Under £150. Easy to use. Light weight. Mainly for day time use. :thinking: VCR at the moment - I would like to buy retail and i'm in the Nottingham area.

9 Comments

PC World have a few mini DV camcorders for £150 or there abouts and you should be able to pick up front store, don't forget quidco.

]Here

Yup that would be perfect, if he is not sure what mini-dv is, it's just a smaller kind of VHS tape. You can even get VHS size adapters so you can just slot a mini-dv tape in the vhs cassette and play it in your VCR as normal. Or the easier option would be to just plug your camcorder in your tv and watch it from there.

Original Poster

That looks really good - cheers - i'll pop to Jessops tonight! x:-D

I don't think you can get it for that price in store though - it's cheaper online using the code. Do they price match their own web deals ??

Also check this JVC camcorder from Jessops

]http//ww…470

BTW, as emma says, you cant get this price in Jessops in-store

Original Poster

Okay - I have had a look at the camcorders and decided which to get but now my parents want to take photos as well!! So in addition to the original needs - I now want a camcorder that can take photos. Either to the tape or to a seperate memory card. Obviously willing to up my budget....Any ideas!!!

Have Jessops ended their price matching minus 10% offer???

..similar to me. i too was looking for a camcorder but didnt know which ones are good. this minidv samsung camcorder does seem fairly priced but does anyone know after making a movies, how to copy it onto the pc or laptop ? as the camcorder dont have a usb connection...cheers all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769591
    2. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…22
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?13
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!811

See more discussions