Groups
    EXPIRED

need to buy a keyboard as a gift (musical not computer) adult not kids

hi,

ive been asked to buy a piano type keyboard as a gift, so needs to be new. Its for a teenage girl so dont want anything kiddy.

anyone seen any good deals?

7 Comments

i used to love playing them in toys r us, have a look in there.

Budget?

My wife went looking in toys r us for a one to teach her to play. a one were the keys light up it was about £180 But she never bought it because they charge an extra £15 / £30 for power adapter. It depends on the model of key board on wat price they charge for adapter. So watch when u buy one that it has a power adapter with it.

My wife went looking in toys r us for a one to teach her to play. a one were the keys light up it was about £180 But she never bought it because they charge an extra £15 / £30 for power adapter. It depends on the model of key board on wat price they charge for adapter. So watch when u buy one that it has a power adapter with it.

Original Poster

Its for a 14 year old, who has enjoyed tinkering on her friends keyboard. She is fairly musical.
    Budget would be up to £100, less would be better but if its an all singing all dancing I could possibly stretch a little over that.
    Good point about the power adaptor, defo do not want batteries!

I really would consider secondhand, as often these things are bought and hardly used. It means you will get a lot more for your money, better quality, and if it was me I really wouldn't mind even if it was a present.
    Just have a browse on eBay, you never know, you might find one as new, or if it doesn't have a box you can set it up and put a lovely big bow around it for the wow factor.

Original Poster

thanks sickly sweet. If it was a different situation that's exactly what I'd do but the girl i'm buying for would be very put out if it wasnt brand new sadly
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553810
      2. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901355
      4. Feels weird!511

See more discussions