Groups

need to change £1000 to euros today....

how do I find the best rate please? Ive kept putting it off but my boyfriend has given me my orders for today!! somebody please tell me the best place to change it up please please please please! xx

27 Comments

i thought it was marks and spencers, or the post office.

I did mine through the post office website.
    Got £3 back with quidco for £500 which included free delivery.
    Maybe you can get two orders of £500 and get £6.

C.E.C 1.1225
    Travelex 1.1105
    Natwest 1.0948
    Thomas cook 1.1000
    Marks & Spencer 1.0861
    Post Office 1.0934

Original Poster

thanks everyone rep'd xx

Original Poster

greg_68;5431724

C.E.C 1.1225 Travelex 1.1105 Natwest 1.0948 Thomas cook … C.E.C 1.1225 Travelex 1.1105 Natwest 1.0948 Thomas cook 1.1000 Marks & Spencer 1.0861 Post Office 1.0934

sorry I'm thick but which is better? the higher numbers?:oops:

also try tesco instore too

Yes, the numbers mean you you get that many euros for 1 pound.
    Therefore the higher the number, the more euros you get.

kirsty1981;5431808

sorry I'm thick but which is better? the higher numbers?:oops:

Yeah, that's how many Euro's you will get per pound.

Best to worst swing on the high street over £1000 is only approx £5-10 anyway so it probably comes down which is going to be the easiest / cheapest place to get them from.

so the post offices your best bet? x

I'm being thick too ... where's CEC?

kerri_ so the post offices your best bet? x

Banned

Am i the only one that sees whats wrong with this post? This girl is under her boyfriends thumb, so so wrong.

magough;5431839

I'm being thick too ... where's CEC?

lmaoo +1

xxxx

magough;5431844

No C.E.C is

bestexchange.co.uk/Tra…tml

It is possible to get 1.14 if you can wait till December.

Original Poster

lumoruk;5431864

Am i the only one that sees whats wrong with this post? This girl is … Am i the only one that sees whats wrong with this post? This girl is under her boyfriends thumb, so so wrong.

I agree! :-D

went to Spain 2 weeks ago, in the uk the rate was 1.08 in Spain the lowest rate offered was 1.11 up to 1.15

Original Poster

pjas;5431931

went to Spain 2 weeks ago, in the uk the rate was 1.08 in Spain the … went to Spain 2 weeks ago, in the uk the rate was 1.08 in Spain the lowest rate offered was 1.11 up to 1.15

do you think I should change some up here then take english cash over there and change it up as we need it?

kirsty1981;5431947

do you think I should change some up here then take english cash over … do you think I should change some up here then take english cash over there and change it up as we need it?

Sounds like a plan.

Will he be happy with you only doing half the job he ordered you to tho?

M & S usually have best exchange rate ,i think they also price match , , also i have noticied when i go away i take about £100 in euros and rest in gbp , as the exchange rate is usually higher on holiday than here , as the guys abroad save our pounds and exchange them in the winter when the rate is higher

Original Poster

greg_68;5431983

Sounds like a plan.Will he be happy with you only doing half the job he … Sounds like a plan.Will he be happy with you only doing half the job he ordered you to tho?

probably not lol but I'll just blame you lot :-D:p thanks for all your help! xx

kirsty1981;5432064

probably not lol but I'll just blame you lot :-D:p thanks for all your … probably not lol but I'll just blame you lot :-D:p thanks for all your help! xx

Be honest, it's his cash,

Original Poster

I've just been into town to open up a flexaccount at nationwide (moneysavingexpert says this is the best debit card to use abroad) going to put all of our holiday money in this account and use the card but will change up £200 to euros before we go.... is this a good plan? spoke to my master and he's ok with it :-D

Banned

I heard nationwide had started charging for certain countries? If its free then this is your safest option.

Original Poster

lumoruk;5433133

I heard nationwide had started charging for certain countries? If its … I heard nationwide had started charging for certain countries? If its free then this is your safest option.

starting july they will be charging 1% for all currencey converting transactions but as I'm going to Portugal I wont be charged any other fees for using my visa yay! (I think thats right anyway, just been reading off the website) :-D didn't really want to carry a load of cash about, thanks for all your advice x

lumoruk;5431864

Am i the only one that sees whats wrong with this post? This girl is … Am i the only one that sees whats wrong with this post? This girl is under her boyfriends thumb, so so wrong.

Hey! Orders...are orders...lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1527
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1327
      3. word association Game73944523
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow44

See more discussions