Need to connect my Wii to new TV

Found 25th Jun 2015
can anyone tell me the name of the adapter I need to to buy to connect my Wii to my TV. I believe that it is where the three jacks go into and then that goes into the TV?
Community Updates
11 Comments
The adapter you are describing would be a scart adapter
If your TV has a SCART socket then you need a composite (AKA:A/V or RCA) to SCART adapter but quite a few TV's already have RCA ports also so check to see if you have Yellow (Video), Red/White (Left/Right Audio) connectors as if you do you can just use them.

If you have a newer TV that has neither them I am not sure of what to use but there should be some composite to HDMI adapters around somewhere but the other methods are far cheaper.

From what you have mentioned I think you are thinking about these?:

ebay.co.uk/sch…t=0
Edited by: "CyDoNiA" 25th Jun 2015
Just get a wii to Hdmi adapter for under £10 on ebay, otherwise component or composite or scart.
Wii2Hdmi is the best
CyDoNiA

If your TV has a SCART socket then you need a composite (AKA:A/V or RCA) … If your TV has a SCART socket then you need a composite (AKA:A/V or RCA) to SCART adapter but quite a few TV's already have RCA ports also so check to see if you have Yellow (Video), Red/White (Left/Right Audio) connectors as if you do you can just use them.If you have a newer TV that has neither them I am not sure of what to use but there should be some composite to HDMI adapters around somewhere but the other methods are far cheaper.From what you have mentioned I think you are thinking about these?:http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=av+to+scart&_sacat=0

thanks it is a new smart tv and I would not need to use the scart for the Wii. I will look for a HMDI composite. thanks again
I would have thought a component cable would be the best idea (assuming the TV has a component input) and will free up a HDMI port.
Edited by: "cdm22" 25th Jun 2015
Thanks everyone. It is a new Samsung smart tv. I have the red white and yellow cables which just plugged onto my old yv. I am told I need something for these cables to plug into and then that goes into HMDI socket
quine

Thanks everyone. It is a new Samsung smart tv. I have the red white and … Thanks everyone. It is a new Samsung smart tv. I have the red white and yellow cables which just plugged onto my old yv. I am told I need something for these cables to plug into and then that goes into HMDI socket

You can either buy a Wii component cable which has 5 plugs on it (although you need to check if your TV has component connections) - I think game sell them for £10. Or you can buy the Wii2HDMI adaptor which adds an HDMI output to your Wii - you will need a spare HDMI socket on your TV tho. Both the component lead & the HDMI adapter achieve much the same effect. Whichever option you go for you will need to go into the Wii settings & change the screen settings to '480p EDTV/HDTV' to get the benefit of the higher resolution. The old 3-plug lead won't be any use to you if your TV doesn't have the inputs for it.

Edited by: "bernardsfingers" 26th Jun 2015
thanks very much indeed
all sorted now. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants