NEED TO DOWNLOAD A "RACE NIGHT POSTER" THAT CAN BE EDITED

Found 24th Jan 2012
Evening All,

I need to download a race night poster as we are having one in aid of our club.
Now i could do this pretty easy if i just google race night poster - then saved as JPEG then printed it off.
But i need to be able to edit it and put a few of our own club photos/pictures and also actual text onto the poster.

Please can somebody tell me how to do this - do i need to somehow find a poster and try and save it as word document so it is editable ????

Im not very knowledgeable with downloading so im struggling.

I have tried to create my own in microsoft word but my attempt is awful and the templates on google look great - just need to find out how to add my own details of the event onto the existing templates created.

Please can someone explain how to do this......??

14 Comments

What picture/template have you got in mind

Original Poster

Just a basic poster promoting a horse race night for in our local club.

The event itself is a fund raising night for the local kids cricket club..... but i need a poster/template to be able to edit so i can put my own text in to say info such as dates and times etc....thats why i was thinking Microsoft Word because thats the only package i can really use.

Can you post a link of the thing you are on about

You could use something like pixlr.com to edit it. It's kind of like PhotoShop but online so you may have to Google some techniques.

I don't see how it will be possible using word unless starting.from scratch tbh

Original Poster

Well i thought this poster looked great......... If i could only my own details regarding time/date/location etc
google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.mccormick07/race-poster%2520print-200.JPG&imgrefurl=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.mccormick07/racenights.html&h=1754&w=1240&sz=1035&tbnid=vooafQrjVeH69M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=64&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drace%2Bnight%2Bposter%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=race+night+poster&docid=hTJZyEWk_-dnuM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PyYfT4vsMoym8gOT2vTADg&sqi=2&ved=0CE8Q9QEwBA&dur=320

Original Poster

simplex

Or this

Hi mate - it looks like Microsoft paint???

How would i over write that template i added onto here, then write things on it like date and time etc?

Using the text and clone tools, or use templates as melipona suggests, heres another one you could change

http://www.liskeardnetballclub.co.uk/sys_php_15/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RACE-NIGHT.jpg

Original Poster

Thanks guys - i managed to do a reasonable effort in word using some clipart.

So my next question is now.... how do i save this word document into something like as a photo..... because i want to upload it onto facebook and for facebook you can only upload photos so can i somehow save my word doc as a photo ???

Use the snipping tool, or there's a screenprint program csiman was recommending yesterday. I'll look for it

nick1981

Thanks guys - i managed to do a reasonable effort in word using some … Thanks guys - i managed to do a reasonable effort in word using some clipart.So my next question is now.... how do i save this word document into something like as a photo..... because i want to upload it onto facebook and for facebook you can only upload photos so can i somehow save my word doc as a photo ???

Select all the clip art text,blah blah and copy and paste into paint and save as jpeg or which ever format

Original Poster

Guys i just want to say thanks so much for tonight.

Ive done it and with a little help i can say it looks AWESOME !!!!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text