Groups

Need to install my sound on pc...but no drivers!!

Yes, I have yet another pc problem!

I have run a driverscanner and it says the following are missing, how do i know what to download. Do these softwares which scan and fix all yor drivers in one go really work, or are they a con??
    Can you help me please find the following as i have no clue where they are:

Plug and play monitor

Printer port logical interface

standard 101/102 key or microsoft natural ps/2 keyboard

Universal serial bus (USB) controller

other devices

multimedia audio controller

nvidia nforce networking controller (network adapters)

Anyone know where i can download them, ive looked but no success!

18 Comments

try and download everest free it will tell model of pc and what drivers you need,if your pc is dell or whatever go to there home site select your pc model and get the driver driect from them

You need to take a look at your motherboard and see what model it is then go the manufactureres website and download the driver

Original Poster

this is whats missing, where do i go????

[img]i987.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1289130654[/img]

Original Poster

also nvidia nforce pci system management driver is gone!

Banned

peterjmay

this is whats missing, where do i go????

see tonys answer & google

Original Poster

but the motherboard is unknown!!
    this is what everest says about my motherboard

Motherboard:
    CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 3400+
    Motherboard Name Unknown
    Motherboard Chipset Unknown
    System Memory 1984 MB
    BIOS Type AMI (11/03/05)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Banned

tonyg1962

You need to take a look at your motherboard and see what model it is then … You need to take a look at your motherboard and see what model it is then go the manufactureres website and download the driver

Original Poster

i tried windows update last night but didnt do anything

Original Poster

djnaff

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_430_410_winxp32_8.22install this … http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_430_410_winxp32_8.22install this its the nforce driver for that boardhttp://www.nvidia.co.uk/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/260.99/260.99_desktop_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe〈=uk&type=GeForce For the gfxthat should fix most them problems

thanks, ill try them now, but how do i get my USBs to work, and the audio controller

Take the side off your pc and see what model the motherboard is

Original Poster

apparently its an epox 8kha, i went to their site and downloaded the drivers., rebooted and still says

multimedia audio controller, universal serial bus controller are still missing in device manager
    Edited by moderator: "cvfded" 7th Nov 2010

Original Poster

ok got the sound back just installed some AC'97 Audio Codec thing, so all thats left is how to get the USB controllers working!!!!
    Edited by moderator: "fdsf" 7th Nov 2010

you either have to go and locate the drivers from the manufactures website for the computer system or if a custom build you will have to locate individual drivers for seperate hardware components from individual hardware vendors websites.

Original Poster

i need this but keeps leading me to dead links download.cnet.com/VIA…tml

Original Poster

how do i get these, this is so difficult!!

[img]i987.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1289137209[/img]

xp sp2 or sp3 has usb2 (so no driver needed) (do not use SP1)

you need via chipset drivers anyway viaarena.com/Dri…zip this is the newest .. I would probably try the older one below

downloads.viaarena.com/dri…zip versionh 453

version 455 downloads.viaarena.com/dri…zip

if your board is really an epox 8kha which is kt266a edit which having read all the nonsense again an athlon 64 on kt266 not . ...Do yourself a favour and take it to a pc shop

Edited by: "dontasciime" 7th Nov 2010

your pc should automatictly update when u use the programme u have got, it says fix for a reason, simple really and im a women, lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32178
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764375
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846233
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414090

See more discussions