Need to know correct fuse amp for eu to uk plug adapter.

Found 8th Jul
2979311-3M1GI.jpg
Purchased this from amazon UK, directly from amazon too so was surprised it was a 2pin euro.its a battery charger amd came with 4 aa 2600mah rechargeables, was only £3.50. Need to know the correct fuse for eu to uk adapter. Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Have a look at the instructions or contact the seller.
3-5amp will suffice, go for 5amp. 13amp is for kettles, microwaves etc.
I don't think eu sockets have fuses built into them it's designed to fit into a wall socket.
The fuse is designed for the adapter and not the device plugging into it.
If he's on about using a shaver adapter they normally have fuses in them and should be ok for the charger
3 amp fuse .Best to get an plug like thiscpc.farnell.com/unb…ors.It holds the 2 pin better as it has 2 screws for a stronger clamp.
Original Poster
Thanks, il think i get a 3amp fuse for it. Decent charger, say should charge 4x2600 in 6 hrs so didn't want to return to amazon
simonvf40012 m ago

3 amp fuse .Best to get an plug like …3 amp fuse .Best to get an plug like thishttp://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/pcp-black-3a/plug-euro-uk-converter-black/dp/PW00900?st=euro%20adaptors#.It holds the 2 pin better as it has 2 screws for a stronger clamp.

I doubt that would plug in with the charger connected, due to the overhang.

As it is only 6w a 1 amp fuse would be more than sufficient. 3A will do if a 1 amp isn't available.
Edited by: "melted" 8th Jul
Original Poster
Think this one better BATTERY CHARGER ADAPTOR, 3A BLACK BCA-BK-3A By POWERCONNECTIONS amazon.co.uk/dp/…MTQ
The fuse that came with the adapter will be fine and there's zero reason to change it.
melted13 m ago

I doubt that would plug in with the charger connected, due to the …I doubt that would plug in with the charger connected, due to the overhang.As it is only 6w a 1 amp fuse would be more than sufficient. 3A will do if a 1 amp isn't available.

Yes ,ignore my plug suggestion I overlooked the overhang.
A 1 amp fuse would be plenty but less common than a 3 Amp .
Original Poster
simonvf4009 m ago

Yes ,ignore my plug suggestion I overlooked the overhang. A 1 …Yes ,ignore my plug suggestion I overlooked the overhang. A 1 amp fuse would be plenty but less common than a 3 Amp .

Would a shaver adapter work then?
Yes a shaver adapter would work but would be less secure than the plug you posted.
You should not accept this from Amazon.

I would get them to call you and complain as it is not supplied with a British plug.
ancav11159 m ago

Would a shaver adapter work then?

A 2 pin Euro plug has narrower pins, and also has slightly wider spacing if I recall correctly. They will sort of go into some uk shaver adaptors, but may be too far apart for others, but aren't a good fit and the weight of the charger could be a problem.

Best get a euro adaptor, or send the charger back as they should have stated in the listing that it was for use abroad or else provided a suitable adaptor to fit a UK plug.

34288217-3YghD.jpg
Original Poster
hottoast21 m ago

You should not accept this from Amazon.I would get them to call you and …You should not accept this from Amazon.I would get them to call you and complain as it is not supplied with a British plug.

normally i would, but i figured 4x 2600mah for £3.50 was worth keeping, they'll just tell me i could return it, it was the last one instock
Original Poster
Thanks all for your help
It's 6W, so it'll draw 0.025A when run off a normal 240V supply.

If it goes into meltdown I suspect it might slag itself before troubling any fuse you could fit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions