Need to move water supply pipe

Found 7th Jan 2012
Hi I need to re-position the main water supply pipe in our kitchen (extension). Is this a simple job for a local plumber to carry out or a job for anglia water?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
9 Comments
I suppose it depends which side of the meter the pipe is?.
If its the main water supply pipe is it your to move?

I don't know tbh, but it may be that only AW can move it if it's their property.
See: http://www.awdirect.co.uk/water-supply-pipe-faq

And awdirect.co.uk/ass…pdf
Edited by: "ScrewYou" 7th Jan 2012
If it is after the meter then you can move it. Turn of water supply at the meter which is maybe located in the pavement outside your house and then relocate pipework, turn back on and check for leaks.
Edited by: "donaldduck2" 7th Jan 2012
Thanks for prompt replies. The main cold water supply for the house is currently under our kitchen sink. It goes into the ground from here and outside somewhere. I assume this pipe originates from the meter? Where can I can find this meter in order to stop the water supply so that I can reposition this pipe in our kitchen?
Look on the pavement outside your property and there should be a round black plastic cover which if you open with a screwdriver will house the meter and a stop tap. If you cannot find it then call your water supplier and they should be able to tell you where it is. You might not have a meter and just a stop tap.
its a job for a simple plumber
jamstaruk1972

its a job for a simple plumber

I don't know any simple plumbers, only clever ones
Xippi

I don't know any simple plumbers, only clever ones

Do we Know each other?

By the way it should be quite easy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions