Need to Paint, Nicotine Removal

Found 9th May
What's the best method to remove nicotine and tar from doors so that I can repaint them?
I've stopped smoking in the house and have just realized the disgusting residue that my fags have made.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Community Updates
AskNeed For SpeedPaint
Top comments
9 Comments
I had to clean my grandads place of nicotine when he carked it and it was rank.

My tip:
When cleaning your ceiling and using a steam wallpaper stripper, wear a hat and mask or old scarf, hot, stale Nicotine juice dripping into you face aint pleasant.
Sugar soap cleans just about everything. And cheap as chips
I used to think it was cooking and smoking that turned the ceiling / doors yellow...... it wasn't it was the smoking. Anyway, what I always used was approx 60% domestos, 40% water....... yellow ceilings changed instantly from yellow to white. I stopped approx 7 yrs ago and all the whites, including the kitchen are still white.
I use Viro-sol although for diy use just use kitchen cleaners to get the worst off then the sugar soap.. It not sugar and not soap! It's a chemical cleaner that will remove soap and contamination so paint sticks well,although it's not a vary strong cleaner I find.
Edited by: "wayners" 9th May
After cleaning with Sugar soap use Zinsser BIN primer to over paint - this will act as a stain blocker and stop any residual nicotime coming through any new paint.
Original Poster
Thanks for all your advice.
shadey1220 h, 27 m ago

Congratulations on giving up.

He never said he's given up!
moob46 m ago

He never said he's given up!

My bad, I should have carried on reading the 'in the house' oh well, after washing a few walls op may give up completely.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants