need to refund!

i need to send a refund to a buyer from ebay but havn't got enough in my paypal account to do it. I can upload money from my bank account but it takes 7-9 days, is there any way i can get around this to do it today?
thanks

8 Comments

If your paypal is linked to your Debit Card then you don't need to have funds in Paypal to do it. Surely you can just do a transfer to their paypal from yours and select your Debit card as your funds source?

Original Poster

Marcusesp79;7079509

If your paypal is linked to your Debit Card then you don't need to have … If your paypal is linked to your Debit Card then you don't need to have funds in Paypal to do it. Surely you can just do a transfer to their paypal from yours and select your Debit card as your funds source?

it is linked to my debit card but when i try and refund it says theres arnt enough funds in your paypal account to do this.

I've had a similar scenario, I had to just make a paypal payment to him as opposing to just making a refund.

shauneco;7079548

I've had a similar scenario, I had to just make a paypal payment to him … I've had a similar scenario, I had to just make a paypal payment to him as opposing to just making a refund.

Definitely the way to do it....that's what I was trying to imply in my post. Just make a payment through Paypal to the buyer.

Original Poster

shauneco;7079548

I've had a similar scenario, I had to just make a paypal payment to him … I've had a similar scenario, I had to just make a paypal payment to him as opposing to just making a refund.

wont have proof of refund then will i? also wont get back paypal fees? is that right?

Banned

if it has gone to dispute its best to refund via that way, if it hasnt just send a payment, or flog something here to up ya funds

If you open a dispute through paypal then it refunds the buyer and makes you overdrawn. The money would be taken from you today but not sure if it instantly goes to their account. Being overdrawn also suspends your PP account until there is a postive balance.

Although this may not be ideal it prevents the buyer (if you have simply made a payment to them) from subsequently opening a dispute and getting a double refund.

Original Poster

ok who wants to put £12.60 into my paypal account, lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions