Need to send a very delicate parcel

5 replies
Found 8th Dec 2008
I have sold my Wedgwood Teapot and obviously want the most secure method of posting. It will be very well wrapped using the "large bubble" bubble wrap and a large box but what is the best delivery service to use?

i have also tried to take a photo of the teapot with today's newspaper to show that it was fine (in case of any claim). IS this ok or is there anythign else I can do??

Thanks for any advice

5 Comments

Hi there

yes that is always the best advice I give folk - photo against todays paper. I also photograph the item in the box.

Not sure any courier will insure against this type of item, but if I were you I would doube box and send by PM SD and use "FRAGILE" tape or at least clearly mark the parcel.

The RM are the easiest to deal with regarding claims - couriers are a real pain - especially the cheaper ones - UPS are probably the best but unless you have an account with them they are hard to deal with and expensive.

hth

EliTom
see my Secret Santa Thread:santa:

Original Poster

Thanks for this - great. Do you know if RM will also insure this - I intend to send Special Delivery? I'll also take a photo as soon as it's wrapped.

RM will NOT insure china, i've tried it.

though if wrapped and put in a big box, it should be ok, (i've received a lot of glass/china items).

otherwise its a case of receiver beware....

Original Poster

fsm65;3701823

RM will NOT insure china, i've tried it.though if wrapped and put in a … RM will NOT insure china, i've tried it.though if wrapped and put in a big box, it should be ok, (i've received a lot of glass/china items).otherwise its a case of receiver beware....

Thanks but it'll just be my [bad] luck that it goes pete tong! I'm going to relist it as collection only - drat!

i went with a courier asuming it was insured and there not no item , pottery , glass etc is insured theres a list in the small print even royal mail dont insure unfortunatly i think its a risk you will take specail delivery they are a bit more careful but not 100% i ordered a waterfall light picture mirrored glass and it arrived broke and there was nothing i could do .. i really dont know what t suggest but the couriers are far from careful no matter how much the packed and how much fragile tape you put round them . goodluck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    2. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…22
    4. Leicester sack their manager!1120

See more discussions