Need TV package

Found 15th Nov 2017
Moving to a winter let house with no TV Ariel, no cable, no wifi etc. I can see a lot of deals but absolutely don't know what I need to get a service. I am not a movie watcher nor sport so a basic package will suit me. It will be a long Xmas and 6 months with nothing so please lots of advice needed. I have virgin in current house and will be keeping that going as will be coming home. Thank you

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

May be worth trying a decent indoor aerial for freeview. I bought one off eBay with built in booster for £6 and I get all the channels including the HD channels perfectly. Obviously the level of success you have may vary depending on the signal in your area

paulday56424 m ago

May be worth trying a decent indoor aerial for freeview. I bought one off …May be worth trying a decent indoor aerial for freeview. I bought one off eBay with built in booster for £6 and I get all the channels including the HD channels perfectly. Obviously the level of success you have may vary depending on the signal in your area

Can you let me know the link please mate to the aerial in need of one

kickinkez18 m ago

Can you let me know the link please mate to the aerial in need of one

Sure, this is the one I got:

rover.ebay.com/rov…000

I have it attached flat to the window to get the best signal. Comes with a nice long cable.
Edited by: "paulday564" 15th Nov 2017

Cheers

If you've got Wi-fi then get a Kodi box - you can watch pretty much any tv-series, indoor tv aerials suck.

Bigfootpete2 h, 2 m ago

If you've got Wi-fi then get a Kodi box - you can watch pretty much any …If you've got Wi-fi then get a Kodi box - you can watch pretty much any tv-series, indoor tv aerials suck.

She said she doesn't have wifi

Original Poster

I am going to see if I can get one package for all, I needed advice on what equipment I need to purchase, thanks for the advice so far, more welcome

Rose56 h, 51 m ago

I am going to see if I can get one package for all, I needed advice on …I am going to see if I can get one package for all, I needed advice on what equipment I need to purchase, thanks for the advice so far, more welcome

If you're not a big sport or movie watcher it seems odd to have Pay TV at all. It's not as if there's any shortage of stuff to watch on normal TV

I'd install an aerial and go from there, you can always upgrade later.

Original Poster

But I would have to pay to have Ariel installed and only a 6 month let

An indoor antenna is often ok upstairs, but not downstairs - if you don't mind running a long cable, you could use an amplified one upstairs feeding downstairs - has to have an amplifier otherwise the long cable will lose too much of the signal - unless you're happy to watch the TV upstairs

Rose517 h, 6 m ago

But I would have to pay to have Ariel installed and only a 6 month let

Have you talked to your Landlord? If you ask it may be that he is willing to install an aerial.

Original Poster

I don't think they are interested in doing anything, tried to added an extra £50 on rent between negotiations as leaving furnished and house is upmarket! Advertised as furnished so what is that about.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions