Found 4th Jun 2009
Hi there. Had a nighmare with the PC the last few days.

I had a perfectly legal PC but the graphics card wrecked the machine and the recovery partition was corrupted. Therefore, I would like to do a clean install of Vista. Does anyone know if its possible to download Vista legally as I would be using the same product key as before.

Cheers

10 Comments

If you own the COA just go for it mate, make sure you download the same edition and bit OS

Original Poster

Ommid;5401523

If you own the COA just go for it mate, make sure you download the same … If you own the COA just go for it mate, make sure you download the same edition and bit OS

Yeah iv got it but no idea where to download from!

is it a retail , or oem serial , shame your late for the technet thing.

Original Poster

spobby;5401617

is it a retail , or oem serial , shame your late for the technet thing.

It is OEM was bundled with a desktop! What was the technet thing?

Original Poster

bassman_uk;5401698

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414146this might help … http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414146this might help you :thumbsup:

Yeah that has. From what I gather people were able to make their on DVD from downloads. Will try a thread in the f/s forum. Thanks mate rep added!

Original Poster

No download links?

Why not give windows 7 a try ,Just download it and install itas free until june 2010,

There's no way to download vista legally, unless you purchases through the microsoft store.

Which version are you looking for? 32-bit or 64-bit.

I have a OEM 64-bit Vista Home Premium backed up for just in case scenarios. It's not illegal because without a COA it's just trial software. Otherwise I only have 32-Bit Dell Vista disks which might not work if yours is not a Dell machine.

I'd be happy to burn a copy and send it if you needed it.

Original Poster

tubby20076;5402660

There's no way to download vista legally, unless you purchases through … There's no way to download vista legally, unless you purchases through the microsoft store.Which version are you looking for? 32-bit or 64-bit.I have a OEM 64-bit Vista Home Premium backed up for just in case scenarios. It's not illegal because without a COA it's just trial software. Otherwise I only have 32-Bit Dell Vista disks which might not work if yours is not a Dell machine.I'd be happy to burn a copy and send it if you needed it.

UberTiger on another thread is gona burn me a copy from the Technet trial so I seem to be OK. Thanks v much for the offer tho:thumbsup: Will defo add some rep for u!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914641
    2. Add one, leave one game54315404
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769269
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564106

See more discussions