Groups

Need your help in getting a 4G android phone (flip design) for my father

Hello

My father has been asking me to get him an android flip phone for ages. I have been looking online, but they're mostly expensive. However, I found this via AliExpress for under £100.

Original Lenovo A588T MTK6582 Quad Core Flip Phone Smartphone 512MB RAM 4GB ROM Dual Sim 4.0 Inch 5MP camera (add 16GB card) £72.86p

Link: aliexpress.com/ite…174

Just wanted to know if they're genuine? Is the phone ok for my father to use? And am I right in saying that this only support 2G? I was looking for 4G phones....

Brand Name: Lenovo
    Unlock Phones: Yes
    Google Play: Yes
    CPU: Quad Core
    Operation System: Android
    Feature: Gravity Response, GPRS, Touchscreen, Message, Bluetooth, Video Player, Wi-Fi, MP3 Playback, FM Radio, GPS Navigation, Front Camera, Memory Card Slots, Email
    Language: Russian, German, Spanish, Polish, Turkish, English, Norwegian, Italian, French, Portuguese, Magyar
    SIM Card Quantity: Dual SIM Cards
    Size: 120.6* 62.5*16.8 MM
    Battery Capacity(mAh): 2250mAh
    Item Condition: New
    RAM: 512M
    Release Date: 2014
    ROM: 4G
    Display Size: 4.0
    Thickness: Normal (>10mm)
    Recording Definition: 480I
    Design: Flip
    Display Resolution: 800x480
    Camera: 5MP
    Touch Screen Type: Capacitive Screen
    Camera Type: 1
    Camera Band Mode: 2SIM/Single-Band
    Cellular:GSM
    Talk Time: About 5 Hours
    CPU Manufacturer: MTK
    Battery Type: Detachable
    Display Color: Color
    Lenovo Model: A588t
    Model: Lenovo A588t
    CPU: MTK6582OS
    System : Android 4.4
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G WCDMA: NO
    Bluetooth: Yes
    Screen type: TFT

If this IS rubbish, then are there any other similar phones (flip design) with 4G network?

19 Comments

Android + 512MB RAM = Hell

Don't bother

Original Poster

preecey

Android + 512MB RAM = HellDon't bother

That's what I thought when I scrolled down.... but it did offer 8GB and 16GB cards. I also noticed that it didn't offer 4G network (unless I'm mistaken)

does it have to be flip, can't you get a phone with hall switch to turn off screen when cover closed.

That one above is truly abysmal specs.
    Flip phones have really become obsolete your not going to find anything decent.

Why dont you consider a flip case, there are 100's of types,
    plastic hard shell types will replicate a flip phone and do the same thing

Original Poster

shadey12

does it have to be flip, can't you get a phone with hall switch to turn … does it have to be flip, can't you get a phone with hall switch to turn off screen when cover closed.

Well, that's what my father wants. But I will ask him if he's able to accept one without the flip

Original Poster

Sandy1012

That one above is truly abysmal specs.Flip phones have really become … That one above is truly abysmal specs.Flip phones have really become obsolete your not going to find anything decent. Why dont you consider a flip case, there are 100's of types,plastic hard shell types will replicate a flip phone and do the same thing

Looks like I may have to do that instead

sazzopardi1971

Well, that's what my father wants. But I will ask him if he's able to … Well, that's what my father wants. But I will ask him if he's able to accept one without the flip

​if the reason is to lock and protect the screen automatically, get a phone with a hall switch and suitable case.
    I have a leagoo shark with this on it, close the cover, screen locks, open cover, display lights up, swipe screen to use, dual SIM, 6300mah battery, from gearbest and case from vifocal.com.

Original Poster

shadey12

​if the reason is to lock and protect the screen automatically, get a p … ​if the reason is to lock and protect the screen automatically, get a phone with a hall switch and suitable case.I have a leagoo shark with this on it, close the cover, screen locks, open cover, display lights up, swipe screen to use, dual SIM, 6300mah battery, from gearbest and case from vifocal.com.

Do you have the link please? How much?

sazzopardi1971

Do you have the link please? How much?

​i paid less than £100 as it was a pre sale, I think it's now about £130-£140

Original Poster

shadey12

​i paid less than £100 as it was a pre sale, I think it's now about £1 … ​i paid less than £100 as it was a pre sale, I think it's now about £130-£140

Ok, I see if I can try and locate it on GearBest

Don't you just buy a flip case for any android phone? What's the difference

I bought a wallet/phone case, the phone clips into one side and the money/credit card slots are on the other; the only issue I have had is the phone wiping the stupid magnetic strip on the swimming pool membership card.

As for the OP phone, I have never had a phone with less than 1GB, I imagine it would be very slow, and not much use beyond the level of a feature phone.

sazzopardi1971

Saw this one..... any good? … Saw this one..... any good? http://m.banggood.com/Ulefone-U008-Pro-5-Inch-3500mAh-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-MT6737-Quad-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1114771.html

​similar leagoo m8, good for the money.

sazzopardi1971

That's what I thought when I scrolled down.... but it did offer 8GB and … That's what I thought when I scrolled down.... but it did offer 8GB and 16GB cards. I also noticed that it didn't offer 4G network (unless I'm mistaken)

​512 is the Ram, you'd need atleast 1gb, ideally 2gb minimum to smoothly run android. The 8/16gb is the memory you can save stuff with.

Original Poster

shadey12

​similar leagoo m8, good for the money.

Yeah, and it does look good, and I didn't realised this particular phone has been posted 2 days ago:

hotukdeals.com/dea…304

Original Poster

Ok. I've just ordered the phone for £65.01p banggood.com/Ule…der

Buy a flip case and stick a photo of another screen or something on the inside, he will never know the difference

I wouldn't buy an elderly family member one of these Chinese imports. Get them something off the high street, even if the specs aren't as good - they're at least going to have gone through more testing and scrutiny in terms of the software
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused12
      2. PRINGLES SPEAKER CODES33
      3. sky +box out of contract and using iplayer and ondemand22
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?22

See more discussions