Groups

Needa bit of help! PS3` people please listen up

PS3 60GB bought May 13 2007 from play.com, yesterday it stopped reading disks, has been kept in nice condition same shelf for the year and three months, all in great condition, do i contact play of sony, will i get a new one or get it rapired, with each option, will it be costly or will it be done for free? thanks, dan.

18 Comments

Original Poster

huh???

4241mackay;2679007

huh???

I think twinks is offering to help you, and wants you to PM her with what the problem is

Original Poster

o i c, and so she has, thanks twinks, mine is a 60 though, were they available september last year ???

4241mackay;2679024

o i c, and so she has, thanks twinks, mine is a 60 though, were they … o i c, and so she has, thanks twinks, mine is a 60 though, were they available september last year ???

yup

Original Poster

Wahoo, ill get maureen to do it, shes good with lies

Original Poster

Also, wat happens wit all your game saves n downloaded shizz?

4241mackay;2679142

Also, wat happens wit all your game saves n downloaded shizz?

copy them to a usb device if poss

Original Poster

cheers dandoc!

Original Poster

lol! cheers, good job fifa and cod4 wer fine, other wise they would of killd u lol!

check this out hotukdeals.com/ite…ou/
    Sony's number for this is 08705 998877, or try the cheaper geographic number 01923 653598

didnt see it in the thread thats why

Why PM? It's not a secret! LOL

Also for future referance look in to continuousplay.co.uk/

Its basically an extended warrently for sony systems (PS3 is £5 a month) take it out, then claim it though there.

dandoc2;2682996

Read somewhere today that the new update is causing ps3 drive … Read somewhere today that the new update is causing ps3 drive failureshttp://kotaku.com/5033332/users-report-firmware-242-causing-ps3-failureSo id check this out http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3updates&thread.id=6967&view=by_date_ascending&page=1and they may release a patch for it before you try and return it

Good find Dandoc ! :thumbsup:

I'd try restoring the firmware back to V2.41 as suggested in Dandoc's link to see if that fixes it ! :thumbsup:

Mecoconuts;2683126

Good find Dandoc ! :thumbsup:I'd try restoring the firmware back to V2.41 … Good find Dandoc ! :thumbsup:I'd try restoring the firmware back to V2.41 as suggested in Dandoc's link to see if that fixes it ! :thumbsup:

but you will lose everything so back up

Mecoconuts;2683126

I'd try restoring the firmware back to V2.41 as suggested in Dandoc's … I'd try restoring the firmware back to V2.41 as suggested in Dandoc's link to see if that fixes it ! :thumbsup:

not possible afaik

Original Poster

i agree, although iv been researching and it looks like hundreds of people are having my problem, it seems the 2.42 has caused this, so perhaps i should wait around for sony to do something
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160
      2. Sad news about Barcelona24101
      3. Cat Chat73707
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297

See more discussions