Needed: Wireless router to replace my netgear ??

10 replies
Found 3rd Jan 2009
Hi folks, Currently on Sky broadband using a netgear router.

Need an alternative with good wireless range ??? (This Netgear is Naff!)

Any help will be appreciated.

10 Comments

i tried a few as we live in a 3 storey place,ended up with a belkin n1,not the cheapest but the signal range is great,can even pick up my signal from the car park which is a fair distance away

linksys - going cheap at pcw

had linksys when i was on sky as netgear naff
reallygood think it was wag435 or something ... really good signal we was in 1 floor flat and could use lappy in playground outback ..it also fixed the annoying 12 midnight reset which most sky routers do
remember you have to grab your details from your router

heres how to obtain your login details from your router as sky WILL NOT give them to you

philbridges.com/?p=42

if your running black version
philipnicosia.com/200…rd/

cheap wireless router maplin.co.uk/Mod…008

Original Poster

Mardyass;3939977

i tried a few as we live in a 3 storey place,ended up with a belkin … i tried a few as we live in a 3 storey place,ended up with a belkin n1,not the cheapest but the signal range is great,can even pick up my signal from the car park which is a fair distance away

yeah they seem expensive - know where to find it cheap?

ele-font;3940085

yeah they seem expensive - know where to find it cheap?

no sorry,a friend of mine wanted one after using mine for a while,she got hers off ebay 2nd hand

Original Poster

wanderer;3940068

had linksys when i was on sky as netgear naffreallygood think it was … had linksys when i was on sky as netgear naffreallygood think it was wag435 or something ... really good signal we was in 1 floor flat and could use lappy in playground outback ..it also fixed the annoying 12 midnight reset which most sky routers do remember you have to grab your details from your routerheres how to obtain your login details from your router as sky WILL NOT give them to you http://philbridges.com/?p=42if your running black versionhttp://www.philipnicosia.com/2006/10/03/sky-broadband-username-and-password/

Ahh didn't know about the login details - thanks for the help :-D
Going to consider a linksys. Should I go for cable or adsl?

rugger-tyke;3939991

linksys - going cheap at pcw

Should I go for cable or adsl?

sky is ADSL

sky is adsl if you call bt they can increase line so that its better i got it done before

DLINK G642M is supposed to be good

MarzBarz;4131975

DLINK G642M is supposed to be good

Who told your that
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?53
    2. Toyota verso camera22
    3. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88