Found 13th Apr 2008
already got the dish set up so just need one of the boxes. how much should i be looking to spend on one of these?

31 Comments

Banned

Have a look on eBay. There are some cheap ones there. The + box will set you back around £50 from eBay. Hop this helps!

Normal sky boxes try local carboots I have had them for £3-5 for people and myself to install my own multi-room type set-up.

Ive got 2 sky boxes. Whereabouts are you?

Ive got a brand new sky+ box about to go on sale on ebay....you can buy it if u like

Original Poster

how much would u be looking for the sky+ box

Original Poster

caz1cool;1885032

Ive got 2 sky boxes. Whereabouts are you?

sorry just talked to my dad he is wanting the sky+ box and not the original sky! thanks anyway for the offer tho

caz1cool, im currently looking for a sky box. How much are you looking for?

50 spondoolies :-)

Tatey;1885342

caz1cool, im currently looking for a sky box. How much are you looking … caz1cool, im currently looking for a sky box. How much are you looking for?

Whereabouts are you? Price would depend on whether you could collect or would need it posted:)

If you are local to me you and can collect, im pretty sure I have a spare or three in the loft I can dig out for you gratis, failing that try your local freecycle: [url]www.freecycle.org[/url]

Newcastle

Tatey;1885434

Newcastle

Oh well saves me a trip into the "loft zone"!!

How about a fiver plus postage?

If you havent got a sky sbscription there is no point with sky+ as it will not work as sky+ only sky, if you have got a sky subscription you would get the install and equipment (well sky standard box free)

Banned

harlzter;1885979

If you havent got a sky sbscription there is no point with sky+ as it … If you havent got a sky sbscription there is no point with sky+ as it will not work as sky+ only sky, if you have got a sky subscription you would get the install and equipment (well sky standard box free)

Agreed. It seems pointless to pay £50 for a secondhand one, when you can pay that or less for a new one and installed free. Only worthwhile if (a) You dont have a phone line to connect it to (b) Dont want to tie into a 12 month contract or (c) intend taking it abroad (though only because they wont install it in Spain for you!!!)

If I get just the normal sky box I can view all the free channels?

caz1cool, that sounds like a good deal to me. Any chance you could take a photo of it for me please?

Abvance;1886108

If I get just the normal sky box I can view all the free channels?

YUP ya can

Tatey;1886135

caz1cool, that sounds like a good deal to me. Any chance you could take a … caz1cool, that sounds like a good deal to me. Any chance you could take a photo of it for me please?

Yes I can do that no problem. It would have to be some time tomorrow though if that's ok. I will pm you to alert you to the pic if that's ok?

I actually have 2 boxes if anyone else is interested in the other one? I will take pics of both tomorrow.

Banned

caz1cool;1886242

I actually have 2 boxes if anyone else is interested in the other one? I … I actually have 2 boxes if anyone else is interested in the other one? I will take pics of both tomorrow.

Best take this to the FS forum... or the forum police or mods will be along!

I couldnt care less TBH - but have seen people (unfairly) banned for suggesting a sale outside that forum. Just a friendly tip!

Will do once I've taken the pics. Cheers for the heads up guv! rep added for being such a lovely chappy!

Banned

caz1cool;1886283

Will do once I've taken the pics. Cheers for the heads up guv! reg added … Will do once I've taken the pics. Cheers for the heads up guv! reg added for being such a lovely chappy!

He he... thanks.

Glad you took it the way it was intended. (You never can tell sometimes when advice can be seen as interfering etc!)

I saw someone banned because they replied "Ive got one I dont need if you are interested?" Harsh in the extreme IMHO. But there ya go!

That sounds fine to me caz.

Original Poster

harlzter;1885979

If you havent got a sky sbscription there is no point with sky+ as it … If you havent got a sky sbscription there is no point with sky+ as it will not work as sky+ only sky, if you have got a sky subscription you would get the install and equipment (well sky standard box free)

ye i am not wanting to get a subscription at all. just wanting to watch the free channels, because i already have a dish set up from the last people who owned the house

so i cant use sky+ without a subscription?

(also i am not sure wether they had sky or sky+ but there is 2 wires coming out of the wall) like this -

radioandtelly.co.uk/ima…jpg

im pretty sure you need a different install to use sky plus, you need two lined from the sky disk to feed the box, so unless the people before you had sky plus you wouldn't really benefit from a lot of the features, you wouldn't be able to record one channel and watch another one at the same time. if all you want to do is watch the free channels than you might be better off saving some money and getting a regular box. (this is what i remember please correct me if im wrong)

I have now created a thread selling my two digiboxes on here in the for sale forum.

i got a brand new box from sky for £49 all in

Original Poster

lutontowns;1890817

i got a brand new box from sky for £49 all in

is that just the box. and absolutely no subscription to any package?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im being underdone by a pound!

Sky+ £49 and Sky HD £99
Sky were promoting this in my local Morrison's store today. So could be worth checking if it is nationwide. It said offers end Sunday on the stand and "For existing customers" was hand-written on the Sky HD sheet. No-one was actually on the stand when I passed, so I dont have any other details.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Unidays12
    2. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway34
    3. Camera lens66
    4. Differences between RX 480s22

See more discussions