Needing help with phone insurance.

Found 6th Apr
So I've put in a claim to have my phone fixed with gadgetcover.com but after reading many reviews (and after a chat with them) I've decided that I would rather keep my phone as it is (looking at the reviews they don't have a good rep). They have requested proof of IEM number and ownership in PDF format :/. Is there a way I can cancel the claim and policy as I have changed my mind since reading the reviews (looks to be a waste of time and money with them). The policy was taken out last November so any info would be great and thank you in advance.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
You can cancel the policy but won’t get anything back for it.
Original Poster
Fab thanks for replying
Edited by: "jo_williams" 6th Apr
what sort of reviews are you looking at which makes you think keeping a broken phone is a better option?

i get the impression there's more to this.
Original Poster
33590028-PBOx3.jpghere's one of hundreds reviews about the company. Plus see a few comments on here after looking into a bit more want me to post more of the views Adam???
Original Poster
33590052-f1b3I.jpg
Original Poster
33590101-WpZJ3.jpg33590101-UccdH.jpg
Original Poster
That's just a few of them Adam out all the reviews there was only 2 maybe 3 good reviews (annoyed). So still thinking there's more to the story ??
Original Poster
Don't know about other people but if that's the case I would rather much keep my phone and wait till I'm due a upgrade rather be messed around and waste time and money
jo_williams3 h, 57 m ago

Don't know about other people but if that's the case I would rather much …Don't know about other people but if that's the case I would rather much keep my phone and wait till I'm due a upgrade rather be messed around and waste time and money

Or just pay for the repair yourself in all likelihood if you cancel it and bank the payments each month in the event you break the phone you’ll be covered. Also using a proper case like a otter box defender will save you ever getting damage and making a claim. I buy a new case every year or two for £15-20 and no damage. Phone fell down the stairs bounced down, hit front door and flew back to bottom of stairs and no damage at all. Phone like new under the case too!
Original Poster
cmdr_elito6th Apr

Or just pay for the repair yourself in all likelihood if you cancel it and …Or just pay for the repair yourself in all likelihood if you cancel it and bank the payments each month in the event you break the phone you’ll be covered. Also using a proper case like a otter box defender will save you ever getting damage and making a claim. I buy a new case every year or two for £15-20 and no damage. Phone fell down the stairs bounced down, hit front door and flew back to bottom of stairs and no damage at all. Phone like new under the case too!

Would I be able to do that through the network company I'm with then? Or would I need to take it too one of those mobile repair shops ? Haven't really done this before has my phone's usually have a heavy duty phone case 🙈
jo_williams8 h, 30 m ago

Would I be able to do that through the network company I'm with then? Or …Would I be able to do that through the network company I'm with then? Or would I need to take it too one of those mobile repair shops ? Haven't really done this before has my phone's usually have a heavy duty phone case 🙈

If it’s an iPhone then Apple store, if it’s another phone perhaps pop into your networks phone shop and ask them for advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants