Neg feedback from buyer who didnt pay on ebay

18 replies
Found 25th Mar 2009
Fuming at the moment and have been since 12.30am this morning, had a buyer purchase an item from me on the 14th of March, "0" feedback and registered on with ebay on the 12th of March, no payment, send them a nice email 5 days after non payment, saying "if you have purchased the item by mistake or no longer want the item let me know and we can cancel the transaction" didnt hear back so i opened a NPB dispute on the 8th day, last night i received a neg from the buyer saying the item was "poor quality" wtf, didnt pay so they didnt get it, unless they are psychic how could they leave a comment like that?

Emailed ebay to ask them to remove as it was obviously false as how can they say it was poor quality if they never recieved it, ebay replied "sorry nothing we can do" but if they dont reply to the NPB dispute email us and we may be able to remove it!!

I emailed back to quote one of their exceptions where an neg can be removed

"Feedback is left by users who bid on or purchased an item only for the
purpose of leaving negative feedback for another user, with no intention of
paying"

Had an email back to say still nothing we can do, we HAD over 2100 (100% positive) until this, and we also have another buyer who purchased on the 21st, "0" feedback, similar hotmail.co.uk account and they havent paid either, so im expecting another neg in the next few days, anything i can do,

Im pretty sure i know who it is (and tinks will also from my other problem i had with an ebayer using my buying account)

18 Comments

its carp the way only buyers can neg but if you do a follow up saying they never did get the item it will let your new buyers know it was a fake neg not much you can do i think people take a little less notice of fb now they have changed the system

Banned

Sounds like you've upset somebody.

take the rough with the smooth.

you use ebay you may get good buyers, bad buyers, just as u get good sellers and bad sellers.

be aware of the risks u take

sorry you're in this situation xx

Original Poster

SABJ;4735256

its carp the way only buyers can neg but if you do a follow up saying … its carp the way only buyers can neg but if you do a follow up saying they never did get the item it will let your new buyers know it was a fake neg not much you can do i think people take a little less notice of fb now they have changed the system

Im just amazed that if you are a Powerseller on eBay they say they give you "prefferential treatment, yeah right, if would obvious to a monkey that it is a dodgy negative, and they wont do a thing, never has any problems selling before, no disputes, no account violations in over 2 years and then you get treated like this:x

clondikemike;4735322

Im just amazed that if you are a Powerseller on eBay they say they give … Im just amazed that if you are a Powerseller on eBay they say they give you "prefferential treatment, yeah right, if would obvious to a monkey that it is a dodgy negative, and they wont do a thing, never has any problems selling before, no disputes, no account violations in over 2 years and then you get treated like this:x

its so annoying it happend to me before so i left them neg back and mentioned paypal in the neg then i reported my self to ebay for "accidently " mentioning paypal in the fb and they removed it but when they remove it they had to remove both so i got mine off but you cant do that now with it being only for the buyer its awfull

Hey,

I know how you feel, it will disapear I think of your percentage after 6 months.

I would just follow up comments on both saying exactly what they have done.

Ad

Original Poster

vibeone;4735288

Sounds like you've upset somebody.

For good reason if you read my post 2 weeks ago, seller sent me a collectors streetfighter box set, posted in an envelope!!!, arrived with the box damaged, contacted the seller and told me in no uncertain terms to **** off, send some real aggresive email to me etc, so i calmly opened a dispute and paypal refunded me, thing is i didnt leave them a neg as i as saying i, for some reason felt guilty as they had 100% positive,

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4735332

Firstly block the bidders and tighten you seller prefs to those that have … Firstly block the bidders and tighten you seller prefs to those that have a pp account and credit card on file only. The best thing to do is see the outcome of the dispute. If this second account is the same person again do the dispute.But do report this to ebay as malicious bidding to leave neg fb with 2 and similar addresses it should get removed, so contact them again, with the secong lot of details.

Hi Tinks, have done that this morning, changed it to buyers with under 5 fb have to have a credit card on file and also a PP account, also thinking of changing my auctions to BIN with immediate payment required, i know im going to lose the genuine newbies but its a risk im going to have to take im afraid,

My reply was "No payment, item not posted, NPB dispute open, time waster" probably should have worded it a bit better but i was p'd of and it was 12.30am

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4735398

Nooooo if he reports it your follow up will be removed as you mentioned … Nooooo if he reports it your follow up will be removed as you mentioned the dispute. For future ref and the next one, NEVER mention disputes :thumbsup:

Im going to leave a neg as soon as i see what happens with this other dubious buyer, would like to wait until i can open a NPB dispute before i do, i think i would have a better chance of getting any negs removed if they dont reply to it

Seller preferences are your friend!

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4735552

Seller preferences are your friend!

Do you know, i have never had a problem in the past and i think i became a bit complacent and my preferences were not set very strictly, but i suppose this has made me up them, may lose some business but its a lots less stressful than this and i may live longer and keep my hair:)

Banned

clondikemike;4735351

For good reason if you read my post 2 weeks ago, seller sent me a … For good reason if you read my post 2 weeks ago, seller sent me a collectors streetfighter box set, posted in an envelope!!!, arrived with the box damaged, contacted the seller and told me in no uncertain terms to **** off, send some real aggresive email to me etc, so i calmly opened a dispute and paypal refunded me, thing is i didnt leave them a neg as i as saying i, for some reason felt guilty as they had 100% positive,

so you left them pos?

if not.. you are still able to leave neg upto 90 days!

Original Poster

vibeone;4735667

so you left them pos?if not.. you are still able to leave neg upto 90 … so you left them pos?if not.. you are still able to leave neg upto 90 days!

No i havent left them any feedback yet;-)

clondikemike;4735628

Do you know, i have never had a problem in the past and i think i became … Do you know, i have never had a problem in the past and i think i became a bit complacent and my preferences were not set very strictly, but i suppose this has made me up them, may lose some business but its a lots less stressful than this and i may live longer and keep my hair:)

I set my preferences as soon as I started selling, totally forgot about them until a lady emailed me and asked me to remove them as she'd like to bid... I told her I only had 3 and that one was no bids from ebayers who have had 2 or more non payment strikes in last 30 days.. she emailed back and said yes she had had a few non payment strikes but could I remove the preferences anyway as she wanted to bid... LMAO. So glad I set them! Makes me wonder how many other times they saved me hassle that I didn't even know about.

Don't worry about it too much. People check your FB before buying. If they see your only negs are from new members, they'll do what I do, and write them off as timewasters and idiots, and they'll buy from you all the same.

Also don't buy AND sell on the same account,keep them separate.

If you haven't got another,set one up solely for buying.

If you're a PS have you got an AM ?

vibeone;4735667

so you left them pos?if not.. you are still able to leave neg upto 90 … so you left them pos?if not.. you are still able to leave neg upto 90 days!

Its 60 days:thumbsup:

Original Poster

deb8z;4735875

Also don't buy AND sell on the same account,keep them separate.If you … Also don't buy AND sell on the same account,keep them separate.If you haven't got another,set one up solely for buying.If you're a PS have you got an AM ?

I do have seperate buying & selling accounts and the ebay id's are no way similar but my primary email address within paypal was my main selling email!!!, so they must have seen the paypal was from my orders email at my domain name and traced me that way, :x, but i have changed my primary email to my googelmail account now,

Im only a silver PS so i dont get an AM
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.2931
    2. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G22
    3. Do councils provide data when using a Data Collection company?610
    4. 1x Cineworld code needed412

See more discussions