Expired

Neighbour throwing fag ends in my garden what do i do? (hes 6ft 2 and a muscular guy with biceps the size of Borne mouth)

Found 19th JunEdited by:"machomansavage"
Neighbour throwing fag ends in my garden what do i do? (hes 6ft 2 and a muscular guy with biceps the size of Borne mouth)
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
Top comments
mutley11 m ago

we live in a detached house but detached properties are not detached as …we live in a detached house but detached properties are not detached as far as the gardens are concerned so the neighbour could still throw fag ends over the fence.you need to live in a good neighbourhood where you don't live next to inconsiderate people like this. whatever you do, try not to escalate the problem. at the end of the day it is only fag ends, it could be worse.

True. He could have worse neighbours.
Throw them back over to his other neighbour and see if there’s an argument
Dude, you're Macho Man Randy Savage, you got nothing to be scared off. Handle your business kid.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 19th Jun
rogparki6 m ago

Luckily fag ends are biodegradable .

Wrong.
52 Comments
You can always throw mess in his garden or cat litter.

Other option is ask him to use a bin next time
Buy him a vape for Xmas?
Buy a dummy camera, and politely ask him not to do it.
Luckily fag ends are biodegradable . Thank him for adding to your composting efforts and ask him if he wouldn't mind putting them in a bin you have provided to save you having to scoop them all up to add to your compost .
TheRatedSeller2 m ago

haha! aye let the other neighbour have the hiding. thanks ill report back next few days and see what happens
have you spoken to him about it? neighbourly disputes are very difficult and can grow out of proportion. all you can do is ask him nicely to stop and if he doesn't, throw them back over. if you start a war, you may find more than fag butts in your garden, that's the problem.
mutley12 m ago

have you spoken to him about it? neighbourly disputes are very difficult …have you spoken to him about it? neighbourly disputes are very difficult and can grow out of proportion. all you can do is ask him nicely to stop and if he doesn't, throw them back over. if you start a war, you may find more than fag butts in your garden, that's the problem.

This is why im working hard to buy a detached house. Ive just throw a few back on his drive now
rogparki6 m ago

Luckily fag ends are biodegradable .

Wrong.
machomansavage4 m ago

This is why im working hard to buy a detached house. Ive just throw a few …This is why im working hard to buy a detached house. Ive just throw a few back on his drive now

we live in a detached house but detached properties are not detached as far as the gardens are concerned so the neighbour could still throw fag ends over the fence.

you need to live in a good neighbourhood where you don't live next to inconsiderate people like this. whatever you do, try not to escalate the problem. at the end of the day it is only fag ends, it could be worse.
mutley11 m ago

we live in a detached house but detached properties are not detached as …we live in a detached house but detached properties are not detached as far as the gardens are concerned so the neighbour could still throw fag ends over the fence.you need to live in a good neighbourhood where you don't live next to inconsiderate people like this. whatever you do, try not to escalate the problem. at the end of the day it is only fag ends, it could be worse.

True. He could have worse neighbours.
mutley112 m ago

have you spoken to him about it? neighbourly disputes are very difficult …have you spoken to him about it? neighbourly disputes are very difficult and can grow out of proportion. all you can do is ask him nicely to stop and if he doesn't, throw them back over. if you start a war, you may find more than fag butts in your garden, that's the problem.

Sometimes even asking politely people get offended, my neighbours son was kicking the ball at my fence late at night when our baby was asleep and I asked her to ask him to stop. Then when I went back in the house the window was open and I could hear her calling me a moaning c*nt to her boyfriend
RossD8915 m ago

Wrong.

Care to elaborate ? Fag end = paper filter , paper wrapping ,tobacco leaf (remains of ) , tobacco leaf ash . Nowt there that takes a million years to decompose - but it is many years since I smoked
jayonline856 m ago

Sometimes even asking politely people get offended, my neighbours son was …Sometimes even asking politely people get offended, my neighbours son was kicking the ball at my fence late at night when our baby was asleep and I asked her to ask him to stop. Then when I went back in the house the window was open and I could hear her calling me a moaning c*nt to her boyfriend

Yep, Can;t say nothing these days.
rogparki4 m ago

Care to elaborate ? Fag end = paper filter , paper wrapping ,tobacco leaf …Care to elaborate ? Fag end = paper filter , paper wrapping ,tobacco leaf (remains of ) , tobacco leaf ash . Nowt there that takes a million years to decompose - but it is many years since I smoked

95% of cigarette filters are made of cellulose acetate (a plastic), and the balance are made from papers and rayon. The cellulose acetate tow fibers are thinner than sewing thread, white, and packed tightly together to create a filter; they can look like cotton
jayonline8511 m ago

Sometimes even asking politely people get offended, my neighbours son was …Sometimes even asking politely people get offended, my neighbours son was kicking the ball at my fence late at night when our baby was asleep and I asked her to ask him to stop. Then when I went back in the house the window was open and I could hear her calling me a moaning c*nt to her boyfriend

Without asking him to stop throwing the butt ends, he would never stop. The op may offend him but if he says no, then just drop it and throw the ends back. I wouldn't do anything more than that. There is always the chance that if the op asks, he would stop.
rogparki7 m ago

Care to elaborate ? Fag end = paper filter , paper wrapping ,tobacco leaf …Care to elaborate ? Fag end = paper filter , paper wrapping ,tobacco leaf (remains of ) , tobacco leaf ash . Nowt there that takes a million years to decompose - but it is many years since I smoked

Filters are made from plastic these days
rogparki29 m ago

Luckily fag ends are biodegradable . Thank him for adding to your …Luckily fag ends are biodegradable . Thank him for adding to your composting efforts and ask him if he wouldn't mind putting them in a bin you have provided to save you having to scoop them all up to add to your compost .

I hope this was sarcasm (lol). See Cellulose Acetate.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 19th Jun
mutley13 m ago

Without asking him to stop throwing the butt ends, he would never stop. …Without asking him to stop throwing the butt ends, he would never stop. The op may offend him but if he says no, then just drop it and throw the ends back. I wouldn't do anything more than that. There is always the chance that if the op asks, he would stop.

For once I agree with you
Dude, you're Macho Man Randy Savage, you got nothing to be scared off. Handle your business kid.
LeahsMintytoutou6 m ago

For once I agree with you

When I lived in London. My neighbour knocked on my door one day and asked me politely to stop our dog going for a poo in her front garden. I told her we don't have a dog so she felt pretty stupid. Lol
Have a civilised conversation.

If that doesn't work, It's War
Edited by: "Norseg" 19th Jun
You could also try to be friendly with him to build up some sort of rapport. He may be less inclined to throw the butts over if you are on friendly terms.
Dannyrobbo13 m ago

I hope this was sarcasm (lol). See Cellulose Acetate.

Cellulose Acetate ?! Sounds like a Welsh Shirley Bassey tribute act
Chances are if he's flicking fag ends into your garden he's the type of guy that asking not to won't make a difference but it's worth a try.

If it all goes pear shaped, you can't beat a good war with neighbours.
34069961-y0kV3.jpg
34069961-H0I7S.jpg
34069961-US6om.jpg
rogparki43 m ago

No. You have the vast knowledge of the world wide web at your fingertips. Use it and enlighten yourself instead of talking your usual garbage.

Edited by: "RossD89" 19th Jun
Put on a glove and throw them back
RossD8923 m ago

No. You have the vast knowledge of the world wide web at your fingertips. …No. You have the vast knowledge of the world wide web at your fingertips. Use it and enlighten yourself instead of talking your usual garbage.

Although likewise if you had you would know cellulose is an organic material that is degradable with the appropriate enzymes (cellulase) and time. It is the reason why cow's digest multiple times as it has a huge amount of energy contained in that grass that we can not breakdown. Another strong producer of cellulase is fungi which will be present in soil if it is active.
mutley11 h, 1 m ago

Without asking him to stop throwing the butt ends, he would never stop. …Without asking him to stop throwing the butt ends, he would never stop. The op may offend him but if he says no, then just drop it and throw the ends back. I wouldn't do anything more than that. There is always the chance that if the op asks, he would stop.

This. As infuriating and obvious as it seems for a lot of people, it might not be obvious to him. It’s better to first establish a rapport and assertively and politely ask him to dispose of the fags appropriately.

If he does, problem solved and you avoid further complications. If he doesn’t, then I’d say, let the games of passive aggressiveness begin
mutley11 h, 23 m ago

Not everyone is able to afford a detached house muttles...and even living in a detached property, it doesn't always mean that neighbours are considerate.
Bertz9919th Jun

Although likewise if you had you would know cellulose is...

Slightly more complex than that, but nice try.

Perhaps if you had...

Edited by: "RossD89" 19th Jun
RiverDragon81 h, 17 m ago

Dude, you're Macho Man Randy Savage, you got nothing to be scared off. …Dude, you're Macho Man Randy Savage, you got nothing to be scared off. Handle your busy kid.

busy kid?
machomansavage7 m ago

busy kid?

Business
edit.
RiverDragon83 m ago

edit.

I've decided... im going to get drunk and shout at him, whilst standing there looking at him cock eyed
machomansavage11 m ago

I've decided... im going to get drunk and shout at him, whilst standing …I've decided... im going to get drunk and shout at him, whilst standing there looking at him cock eyed

He's more scared of you than you are of him. Just tell him, be firm and stand your ground.
RossD8941 m ago

Slightly more complex than that, but nice try.Perhaps if you had...

Yep it is slightly more complex than that. However, rogparki stated they are biodegradable you stated he was wrong.. The White paper on Degradation of Cellulose Acetate from the Journal of Polymers and the Environment discusses in full detail but I think this quote possibly most apt to ascertain who is correct and incorrect between yourself and rogparki:

"Initially the assessments of the biodegradability of CA reached the incorrect conclusion that the polymer is not biodegradable"
Tell them to stop it?
machomansavage29 m ago

I've decided... im going to get drunk and shout at him, whilst standing …I've decided... im going to get drunk and shout at him, whilst standing there looking at him cock eyed

I had to expand RiverDragon8 response as just saw you were going to get drunk and shout at him …

obviously my bad - but thought you were going to say naked till expanded. Thoughts were that is going to be a winner. Certainly I wouldn't be throwing fag butts in some fella's garden who gets drunk and shouts at me naked for doing so
Edited by: "Bertz99" 20th Jun
rogparki2 h, 46 m ago

Luckily fag ends are biodegradable . Thank him for adding to your …Luckily fag ends are biodegradable . Thank him for adding to your composting efforts and ask him if he wouldn't mind putting them in a bin you have provided to save you having to scoop them all up to add to your compost .

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants