Neighbour using my wheelie bin

Found 21st Aug 2011
Bin day tomorrow, and I just seen a neighbour (few doors down - dont know them) putting his bag of rubbish into my bin.

Not just put it in.... he took mine out... to put back on top of his so I wouldn't see it if I looked in.

Almost shouted out the window, but my bubba was asleep next door and didn't want to wake her.

He doesn't know I know yet... what would you do???

I dont think this is the first time he has done this.
Community Updates
140 Comments
Wife wants words with him...

I just want to leave it by his gate....
So what?
Slash his tyres
empty it in his garden
Ckeeky sod , why can't he use his own. I would have a fit if my neighbour used mine coz I can't stand them !!!
Take the trash out and leave it on his doorstep with a note
Is yours a area, where they will only take whats in the wheelie bin and nomore? If thats the case, I wouldn't mind (aslong as they had asked) if yours had room and wasn't going to be filled.
thesaint

So what?

Hes got his own freeking bin...
hide in the bin & jump out at him next time he tries it ! take some food though, maybe a long wait !
But seems as though they aint asked, take it out and leave by the gate.
DangerGod

Slash his tyres

A bit harsh.
Sounds like a right ****.
Peterdj41

empty it in his garden

Dunno whats in it yet.... will have a look in the morning..
Lulu'sMammy

Sounds like a right ****.

Its a oldish couple... probably in the sixtys. Never really spoken to them.
I would leave them a note that you had seen them using your bin and if you have room on the day of collection you've no objection but you would have thought it courteous to have asked you first.
Lulu'sMammy

But seems as though they aint asked, take it out and leave by the gate.

yeah I'd do this as well, cheeky sod !
rchan

A bit harsh.

I usually go for the throat but it's only a wheelie bin on this occasion.
I would like to say what you should do, but dont want to get suspended again.

But you've got to do something
Edited by: "Adnan786" 21st Aug 2011
rchan

Its a oldish couple... probably in the sixtys. Never really spoken to … Its a oldish couple... probably in the sixtys. Never really spoken to them.

Oh well, go round and pour it all over the garden, and post a dog **** through the letter box for the hassle. It ain't like he is going to beat you up is it lol!! (am joking by the way!)
I have an agreement with my neighbours that if my bin is full they are happy for me to use theirs. I would probably say to them or leave a note (if you prefer) that you would appreciate being asked first. However, if I have put my bin out ready for tomorrow and there is still room and am not likely to put any more in by the time the bin is emptied, then other than the fact you saw it done, you would be non the wiser and so therefore shouldn't be a problem?
Guessing his bin is full thats why he put it in yours, what a cheek,
thesaint

So what?

rchan

Maybe his was full, and since it's bin day tomorrow, he figured that his neighbour wouldn't need to give his express permission to put his rubbish in his bin.

I wouldn't care if my neighbour did this, as it makes no difference to me. Do you also put your bins out on the road to stop your neighbours parking there when you go to work?
Edited by: "thesaint" 21st Aug 2011
OP go check your bin, he could have left you 10k.

Or used nappies.
Why not put your rubbish in his bin..see if he likes it, i have a reasonbly new neighbor who kept putting thier plastics out on bin day, on top of my pile, rather than infront of thier own house. Its annoying, then another started, i came home one day to find the front of my drive packed with plastics, the house looked like a gypo camp, luckily they were outside, i asked if it was thiers they denied putting it there but it has not appeared since surprisingly.

Have a word, be firm but polite that it is not acceptable
There is a £50,000 fine in my area and or imprisonment for anyone found dumping rubbish.

Probably get 1 week suspended sentence
I'm guessing he's left incriminating evidence in the bin bag (probably a severed head) and if it gets found by the bin men then they track it back to you and not him...
Serious thread?

Really though - who gives a rats ass?
What's not acceptable about it?
thesaint

So what?

rchan

Nah - bins are collected round the back of the houses, so no putting them on the road.

It becomes a problem when I go to put my rubbish out in the morning and there isn't any room for my own rubbish.
take everything out of your bin and keep it in the shed untill his is empty then take your stuff round and fill his to the brim
yawn
Option 1

Wait until the bin men come, then that night put the bin on his doorstep.

Option 2 (recommended)

Open his bin, and sift through it to see if there are letters with his name address on, if so, take the bin to the nearest police station/council office and empty it there*

*then watch the heavies knock his door down later that day with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
Is it really the worst crime in the world....?
i caught my neighbour using my bin (once i had put it out, and they didn't remove any of my bags), i made a point of saying something the next time i saw her that if ever she needs to use mine once it is out thats fine as long as it is bagged. but also explained that if she is recycing properly (which to be fair she seems to-she has lots on recycle day) they will give her another bin, which she then got, after they checked her bin.
deleted42760
Get a BB gun and camp, when he returns with more........ Bang, right in the face!
mceverready

Is it really the worst crime in the world....?

I'm not saying they have committed a criminal offence... just seeking others opinions on what they would do.

You've given me an idea.... call the police!!
If your bin still shuts I don't see the problem

If they didn't use yours they might put their smelly bin bag out the front for a fortnight
richp

hide in the bin & jump out at him next time he tries it ! take some food … hide in the bin & jump out at him next time he tries it ! take some food though, maybe a long wait !

could have bad consequences

youtube.com/wat…O04

Edited by: "KapA" 21st Aug 2011
sancho1983

If your bin still shuts I don't see the problemIf they didn't use yours … If your bin still shuts I don't see the problemIf they didn't use yours they might put their smelly bin bag out the front for a fortnight

I'll see if there a problem in the morning then.... (thinking there will be).

Get a life, it's not as if you pay per amount of rubbish in your bin is it?

His bin is obviously full, yours has room in it so he's used yours whats the problem?

Would you prefer that he started fly tipping in the local area???

It's all going to the same place at the end of the day!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants