Neo Geo Mini announced by SNK

Found 10th May
I think I like it, but I'm not really sure. It has a 3.5" screen and will release in two variations - a Japanese version for Asia and an international version for us lot and those in the US.

Japanese version

2937874-Y6PM9.jpg
International Version

2937874-yzpYF.jpg
2937874-0Mejf.jpg
The unit will ship with two external controller ports, a HDMI slot and headphone jacks. Sadly there is no word yet on the titles it will ship with or pricing.

[Credit: Kotaku] - Info and images
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Bet ninty will be cheesed off. They look really cool and I'll be getting one.
Here's the reported list of titles...

• Blue's Journey
• Shock Troopers
• Robo Army
• Crossed Swords
• Mutation Nation
• 3 Count Bout
• Last Resort
• Ghost Pilots
• Football Frenzy
• Art of Fighting
• Fatal Fury Special
• Real Bout Fatal Fury
• Garou: Mark of the Wolves
• Samurai Shodown II
• Samurai Shodwon IV
• Samurai Shodown V Special
• The Last Blade 2
• World Heroes Perfect
• Kizuna Encounter
• Metal Slug
• Metal Slug 2
• Metal Slug 3
• King of the Monsters 2
• Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
• Sengouku3
• Ninja Masters
• Top Player's Golf
• The King of Fighters '95
• The King of Fighters '97
• The King of Fighters '98
• The King of Fighters 2000
• The King of Fighters 2002
• Super Sidekicks
• Blazing Star
• Puzzled
• Metal Slug X
• Metal Slug 4
• Metal Slug 5
• Magician Lord
• King of the Monsters
BuzzDuraband36 m ago

Here's the reported list of titles...• Blue's Journey• Shock Troopers• Robo …Here's the reported list of titles...• Blue's Journey• Shock Troopers• Robo Army• Crossed Swords• Mutation Nation• 3 Count Bout• Last Resort• Ghost Pilots• Football Frenzy• Art of Fighting• Fatal Fury Special• Real Bout Fatal Fury• Garou: Mark of the Wolves• Samurai Shodown II• Samurai Shodwon IV• Samurai Shodown V Special• The Last Blade 2• World Heroes Perfect• Kizuna Encounter• Metal Slug• Metal Slug 2• Metal Slug 3• King of the Monsters 2• Shock Troopers 2nd Squad• Sengouku3• Ninja Masters• Top Player's Golf• The King of Fighters '95• The King of Fighters '97• The King of Fighters '98• The King of Fighters 2000• The King of Fighters 2002• Super Sidekicks• Blazing Star• Puzzled• Metal Slug X• Metal Slug 4• Metal Slug 5• Magician Lord• King of the Monsters

Not a bad list of games at all, all these games are on ps and xbox digital store at around £6-7 each so will be intresting to see the price.
Snakeyes6461 h, 18 m ago

Not a bad list of games at all, all these games are on ps and xbox digital …Not a bad list of games at all, all these games are on ps and xbox digital store at around £6-7 each so will be intresting to see the price.

It's definitely an interesting list, sadly it seems to be missing Baseball Stars 2 and Windjammers
BuzzDuraband1 h, 7 m ago

It's definitely an interesting list, sadly it seems to be missing Baseball …It's definitely an interesting list, sadly it seems to be missing Baseball Stars 2 and Windjammers

Windjammers is amazing fun still today =)
I'm not keen on the hardware design they've gone for as the screen and controls look pointless, it can't be used as a portable device due to the impractical shape but it's also not great to stick under the TV either. I might have been tempted if they'd gone for a Neo Geo pocket style device particularly as it was known for the decent stick but I'm not interested in this pointless mini arcade design.
Johnmcl710th May

I'm not keen on the hardware design they've gone for as the screen and …I'm not keen on the hardware design they've gone for as the screen and controls look pointless, it can't be used as a portable device due to the impractical shape but it's also not great to stick under the TV either. I might have been tempted if they'd gone for a Neo Geo pocket style device particularly as it was known for the decent stick but I'm not interested in this pointless mini arcade design.

100% agree on this...

I bought an arcade style cabinet for my switch - which looks awesome but practically speaking its hard to ever use it in it... and this will suffer same issues...

Using that attached to a HDMI on the big screen wont work very well and sitting on sofa using it your lap it isn't best design either....

its on for sitting on the shelf and saying "I own that"...

The SNK collection on the switch or the NeoGeo titles on the eshop are a better way to enjoy these...

if it had a controller with it or was more handheld id be on board...

having said that ill probably get it anyway...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants