Groups

NES Classic can now hold 700 games!

SuperEd
    Getting tempting now...

The go-to tool for NES Classic hacking is called Hakchi, and while the original release and subsequent 2.0 update helped popularize Classic modding, the newly launched Hakchi 2.11 is so, so much more powerful. Developed by emulation guru Cluster from the GBATemp forums, the new version of the software creates a folder system on the Classic to support a much, much larger number of games than before and turning the system into a true emulation powerhouse.

https://fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/nes-classic-edition.png

What’s even more impressive, the new mod is capable of running games from within zipped files, which saves a lot of space and allows for even more titles to be packed onto the system’s relatively modest ~300MB storage capacity.

The early errors associated with Hakchi — including the software’s pesky habit of throwing false positives on PC virus scanning — have been ironed out. The vast majority of users report a relatively seamless uploading procedure and flawless emulation of the games they’ve uploaded. That said, there are always a few titles that don’t play well with emulators, and some notable games like Battletoads require additional tweaking. Thankfully, the emulation community is extremely active and you can stay updated on patches for problem games on the Hakchi thread here Click

Source

8 Comments

Great news for those people who bought one, it will hopefully give it at least an extra week of life before being put in the back of the wardrobe!... X)

(Seriously though, at the very least maybe these machines will get people researching other retro platforms and games that are well worth time investment.)
    Edited by: "manc80" 31st Jan

Original Poster SuperEd

manc80

Great news for those people who bought one, it will hopefully give it at … Great news for those people who bought one, it will hopefully give it at least an extra week of life before being put in the back of the wardrobe!... X)(At the very least maybe these machines will get people researching other retro platforms and games that are well worth time investment.)

Agree, tempted just because it's a Nintendo shell (retro freak) but already got a RetroPie and more than happy with it.

Will wait until the drop in price but i may be waiting a while...

goonertillidie

Agree, tempted just because it's a Nintendo shell (retro freak) but … Agree, tempted just because it's a Nintendo shell (retro freak) but already got a RetroPie and more than happy with it.Will wait until the drop in price but i may be waiting a while...

As 'cute' or whatever this is, a Pi with custom shell is a no brainer over one of these. Buy a usb nes, snes, genesis pad.... go to town and have the whole works..... then watch some Kodi
    Edited by: "manc80" 31st Jan

Original Poster SuperEd

manc80

As 'cute' or whatever this is, a Pi with custom shell is a no brainer … As 'cute' or whatever this is, a Pi with custom shell is a no brainer over one of these. Buy a usb nes, snes, genesis pad.... go to town and have the whole works..... then watch some Kodi

Of course, only recently jumped on the RetroPie wagon and can't fault it!

Got a basic case and hooked up to a pad but will eventually sort some type of cabinet and hook it all together 0 just getting time to do it but defo in my plans.

goonertillidie

Of course, only recently jumped on the RetroPie wagon and can't fault … Of course, only recently jumped on the RetroPie wagon and can't fault it!Got a basic case and hooked up to a pad but will eventually sort some type of cabinet and hook it all together 0 just getting time to do it but defo in my plans.

Nice. Would definitely be interesting to hear how you get on. Very tempted with a creating a little arcade cocktail table at some point myself.

Seen these on eBay yesterday advertising pre loaded 700 games shipping from Russia.

Did it with mine. Pointless having all 700 games on but added the missing 60 or so stone cold classics they missed off.

or just grab any android box and have every game ever made for the system, as well as sega, mame, amiga, speccy ect
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions