Nespresso

Posted 1st Dec
Hi I need some help, I would love to get hubby a Nespresso machine for Xmas but I’m quite confused about it all.....

I want to be able to use compatible pods (so not costing an arm and a leg)

he likes a mug of coffee

everythings pointing to a Vertuo machine but there’s no compatible pods.....

what would you recommend? Sorry not a coffee drinker and been up all night with poorly baby looking, and I can’t decide
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
If he likes a mug of coffee then just get him an Aeropress and a bag of ground coffee.
Just choose a colour that goes well with your decor.
They're all uniformly awful.
Haircut_100 is right a aeropress does a great job for not alot of money
I’m pretty sure no one makes compatibles for the vertuo at the moment - any standard Nespresso machine will make a cup of coffee, if you wanted fancy latte’s etc then you’d either need to get one with a milk frother or opt for a Tassimo or Dolce Gusto type machine but I really don’t rate the coffee from these kinds of machines
davekitchen410001/12/2019 12:24

Haircut_100 is right a aeropress does a great job for not alot of money

Where do these alots keep coming from?
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 1st Dec
The vertuo is still protected by copyright, the original one was but that ran out a few years ago and now anyone can make them. To be honest none of the compatibles are as good as the original and they aren’t hugely different in price.
Have you looked at the subscription option? Works our much cheaper and you can finish the subscription after 12 months and then have a further year to spend any spare balance
I would recommend an automatic machine as the manual ones are a bit annoying. The manual ones you have to guess when to stop the water pouring where as auto just stop when it's ready
iang00701/12/2019 14:47

The vertuo is still protected by copyright, the original one was but that …The vertuo is still protected by copyright, the original one was but that ran out a few years ago and now anyone can make them. To be honest none of the compatibles are as good as the original and they aren’t hugely different in price.

Thank you, I bought one in the end got the machine milk frothed thing and 250 capsules so that should keep him going for a while
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions