Nespresso Capsules/Pods ?

Found 8th Mar 2016
Hi all,

I've just purchased an Aldi coffee machine which takes Nespresso pods/capsules.

Anyone know the best place to purchase these from ?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Community Updates
AskiPodNespresso
25 Comments
They sell them in sainsburys I believe,
Original Poster
Are the "official" Nespresso pods the best or are other 3rd party pods worth buying ?

I normally use a fresh coffee machine, but as its only me drinking it, it's a pain just to make 1 mug !
google make your own : )
Original Poster
jjaack

google make your own : )

Bought this for convenience as I'm lazy......
I saw this coffee maker in Aldi the other day. They also had compatible coffee pods selling separately for something silly like £1.75 per pack with a few different flavours (or types). It may be worth having a look back and seeing if your local Aldi have any left.
With most of these pods its usually quite hard to find non official ones in the shops. I think aldi/lidl are about the only ones that sometimes do them but I don't have one close. The prices for the official pods are pretty reasonable anyway so I'm not too bothered.
ChrisUK

Are the "official" Nespresso pods the best or are other 3rd party pods … Are the "official" Nespresso pods the best or are other 3rd party pods worth buying ?I normally use a fresh coffee machine, but as its only me drinking it, it's a pain just to make 1 mug !

Totally! The official ones are miles better quality than the compatibles.
Original Poster
FTCom

I saw this coffee maker in Aldi the other day. They also had compatible … I saw this coffee maker in Aldi the other day. They also had compatible coffee pods selling separately for something silly like £1.75 per pack with a few different flavours (or types). It may be worth having a look back and seeing if your local Aldi have any left.

I heard that but they had nothing left, all sold out. Thanks anyway.
Original Poster
Drooler

Totally! The official ones are miles better quality than the compatibles.

Best ordering from the official Nespresso site ?
Poundland have had carte noir pods in the past, not sure if they still do them. Work in my Nespresso machine.
ChrisUK

Best ordering from the official Nespresso site ?

For sure. Not amazon or otherwise as price is inflated. Official site circa 30p per pod. Worth every penny .
Original Poster
Ok cheers all, I'll have a look now
griff4

They sell them in sainsburys I believe,

Not sold in Sainsbury, wish they were.
The nespresso are the best and offer lovely range of flavours. Lidl do a range of 3 at around £1.75 pack of 10 and I have found these to be best generic on the market but as I said only 3 types in range. Taylors which are similar to Nespresso in cost are, in my opinion, total waste of money.
ovaltini

The nespresso are the best and offer lovely range of flavours. Lidl do a … The nespresso are the best and offer lovely range of flavours. Lidl do a range of 3 at around £1.75 pack of 10 and I have found these to be best generic on the market but as I said only 3 types in range. Taylors which are similar to Nespresso in cost are, in my opinion, total waste of money.

Spar now do own brand also. Was some up in our little rest room the other day and they actually where not bad. Thought better than the Lidl ones but I haven't tried the Aldi ones (we don't have Aldi in N.Ireland). No idea of the price point or how many variants but I can check the RRP if you wish when I get into work tomorrow but might vary as I work for Spar N.Ireland DC not mainland. Before I even check I'd say it would only be a stocked line in the bigger stores (we market as Eurospar/VivoExtra over here)
Original Poster
Appreciate that chaps, will check out as many as I can & report back for future reference.
The sainsburys near us sell Dolce gusto packs, I think also Tassimo( think that's how it's spelled) plus their own brand of similar style,
Can't speak for your machine but, in general, compatible pods are made of plastic and do not work very well in the machine. They are also a slightly different shape. Nespresso capsules are aluminium and pierce more easily. They are also much easier to recycle. I have given up with compatible pods because of this.
Original Poster
paul123edwards

Can't speak for your machine but, in general, compatible pods are made of … Can't speak for your machine but, in general, compatible pods are made of plastic and do not work very well in the machine. They are also a slightly different shape. Nespresso capsules are aluminium and pierce more easily. They are also much easier to recycle. I have given up with compatible pods because of this.

Thanks Paul.
Original Poster
Are the cafe pods any good ? Been to 4 shops this afternoon & none sell the Nespresso pods, so thinking about ordering some from Amazon, delivery in 2 hours.
Original Poster
Gave up in the end & ordered a load from Nespresso.

Ordered at 6pm & they were delivered at 9:30am this morning - brilliant

The only thing I'm not overly happy with is the amount of coffee from these pods - it's a tiny amount !! May also have to invest in a milk frother to "bulk" it out
Yes its not a large cup of coffee. The US have a different version, Nespresso Virtuoline, for their bigger tastes. There are actually 3 types of Nespresso Pods, Nespresso we have, Virtuoline for North America and Professional which are like flying saucers. I don't know why they are not pushed for domestic use as there is a lot less waste in those.
Asda are selling the Taylor ones for £2 for 10
Original Poster
googleboogle

Asda are selling the Taylor ones for £2 for 10

You're a few months late, but thanks anyway

I found that the Neapresso ones via the official website/app are far superior than any 3rd party capsules.

The rate I'm going through them, 200 per order is spot on for free delivery
Oh aye a bit late to the party but I picked up the same aldi machine as you yesterday for £24.95 in the reduced isle so am on the hunt for pods now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants