Nespresso pods for cappuccino and lattes

Posted 7th Feb 2023
Hi. Am I correct that there are no specific cappuccino or latte pods for the Nespresso pods range? it's all just black coffee, right?

Has anyone tried making cappuccino or latte with the Nespresso pods? Which ones would you say is best for cappuccino and lattes, please, esp in the Costa and Starbucks range, and how much milk do you add to it?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    There's no cappuccino or latte pods because the pods only dispense coffee, and both of those would require milk. You see cappuccino and latte sachets etc because they contain instant coffee, flavourings and milk powder. The base for both drinks is espresso, from arabica or robusta beans. Arabica espresso is widely available in Nespresso pods. You would need to play around a little with the quantities due to cup/dispensing size. Usually for a cappuccino it's a third coffee, a third hot milk and a third hot foam. My favourite pods so far are the illy espresso pods, the lungo version as otherwise your cappuccino will be tiny imo

A latte is just a higher ratio of hot milk to foam, and then a mocha just adds chocolate syrup, which can be layered using the back of a spoon to make a nice visual effect in a glass.
    Author
    Ok so I've got the Starbucks lungo, the package says it produces 110 ml coffee. The Hotel Chocolat coffee machine has an option of either small shot of 35 ml or long shot of 70 ml. So if I want to make a cappuccino, how would you advise me to do so? Do you think a small shot of 30 ml would do, with about 70ml milk?
    Anonymous User
    That's my understanding - if you want to do white coffees, they sell the Aeroccino to do the frothy milk bit. Or just buy a milk frother.
    Author
    I don't exactly have the Nespresso machine. I have the Hotel Chocolat podster (coffee machine) and the Velvitiser which can be used to froth the milk . And I believe that the podster takes Nespresso compatible pods.
    You can buy empty pods for your machine and either buy coffee beans what you grind yourself or ground coffee, then fill the empty pod and run through the machine then you add milk or whatever you want
    Author
    Sorry, no time for all that faff. I have 2 ASD kids so I need quick fixes 🙈🙈🙈🙈
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants