Expired

Nest 3rd gen thermostat installation

Found 16th Sep 2017
Hi guys could anyone kindly tell me the price they paid for the installation alone.

Would it be cheaper to

1) buy nest separately and pay for installation

2) buy direct from an electrician who would also do the installation

Currys are saying £269.99 including installation I am wondering if this is a good price.

Any help / opinions would be appreciated. Need to have this asap with the weather getting colder!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments
You can install it yourself, its easy. I installed mine myself last year it was easy.
Original Poster
Mihir951 h, 19 m ago

You can install it yourself, its easy. I installed mine myself last year …You can install it yourself, its easy. I installed mine myself last year it was easy.

I dont have a thermostat already installed do you think this will make it more difficult?
hakuna_matata17 m ago

I dont have a thermostat already installed do you think this will make it …I dont have a thermostat already installed do you think this will make it more difficult?

Oh I see then it might be then. If you know your boilers wire for thermostat then it would be easier
hakuna_matata1 h, 40 m ago

I dont have a thermostat already installed do you think this will make it …I dont have a thermostat already installed do you think this will make it more difficult?

What type/model boiler do you have?
Original Poster
andynicol9 h, 41 m ago

What type/model boiler do you have?

Its a valliant turbo max combination boiler
We installed 3rd Gen Nest last year. I bought it from Screwfix and got our sparky to install as part of other work. It was a bit of a faff for him and I'd say buying installation as part of deal looks to be good value.

However, in saying that, if you are fussy where the receiver box goes (that's the small white panel with single light on it that comes with the thermostat and is hardwired to your boiler and that receives the wireless signal from your thermostat) you would need to give clear instruction to the installer as they might just want to plonk it where it suits them best. For example, I got my sparky to tuck the unit away instead of just replacing the original timer unit on the wall which would have been easy to do but tgen you have a blank plastic with light on it which I thought would look odd. That meant dropping a cable down through wall and under floor for 2 metres. He also wired in an isolator switch beside the box which cuts power to the box and basically kills everything. Whether the Nest installer would do that I don't know .(could be statutory we are in Scotland?)

You also don't know what the quality of the installer's workmanship will be if you're fussy like me!
Edited by: "emmellar" 17th Sep 2017
Original Poster
@ emmellar thanks i think you are right
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants