Expired

Nest Thermostat with Installation for £40

Found 15th May 2015
Hi, seeing a lot of interest in the Hive Active Heating from Amazon for £129.99 and wanted to share how to get a Nest Thermostat installed for £40.

1) Use USwitch via Quidco and get paid £30 to switch your current electricity and gas provider to NPower's In Control March 2017 tariff.

2) Nest is delivered and installed free of charge, this is now yours.

3) Use USwitch via Quidco and get paid £30 to switch NPower's In Control March 2017 tariff back to your preferred provider/s.

4) Pay charge of £100 (£50 for gas, £50 for electricity) to NPower.

If you are happy to remain with NPower, you are getting paid £60 for a Nest to be installed! Otherwise, after the £100 charge, it is costing you £40. (I personally am only switching my Gas away from NPower, so only paying £50 charge, instead of £100)

14 Comments

Don't think it is a deal.
Just another trick to attract customers installing useless gadget.
And I find that First Utility is a lot cheaper than npower.

Read the word NPower and backed the hell outta this thread!

1) owned by google (not selling all my life to them)
2) first utility all the way
Edited by: "jjabbar" 15th May 2015

The words "Customer Service".... or lack there of comes to mind
I agree First Utility....had no problems with their excellent service.... and price

npower group of crooks should have learned first time they came around and gave a quote ended up that quote was rubbish and i was tied in they said they never gave that quote i went all through the complaints and ofcom refused to help then after switching they turned up at my door to get me to switch back i said no there salesmen switched me anyway so i had to go through the process again

Original Poster

Some things the Nest can do that Hive can't...
1) Works with Jawbone fitness tracker to turn on when you wake up
jawbone.com/blo…st/
2) Works with If This Then That IFTT to turn on when I get close to home
ifttt.com/nes…tat
3) Works with Android Wear watch - in my case my Moto 360 (also works with Pebble Watch)
workswithnest.google.com/
4) Works with Hue lights
nest.meethue.com/con…ect
5) Soon to work with the new ADT Alarms
6) Auto-away feature knows when we are away, and turns off automatically!
7) Looks cooler than a Hive

Original Poster

cburns

The words "Customer Service".... or lack there of comes to mindI agree … The words "Customer Service".... or lack there of comes to mindI agree First Utility....had no problems with their excellent service.... and price

Agree, hence why you switch back to First Utility after getting the Nest Installed...

we were thinking about moving to first utility, where the best deal to swap over pls?

norville555

we were thinking about moving to first utility, where the best deal to … we were thinking about moving to first utility, where the best deal to swap over pls?

Register here and find the best deal for you and get cash back, they may not be the cheapest in your area
moneysavingexpert.com/che…lub

Keep me updated on this please curious as to your outcome.

Original Poster

Well that didn't take long, looks like NPower's In Control March 2017 tariff has disappeared.

Banned

jjabbar

1) owned by google (not selling all my life to them)

This doesn't make any sense at all.

Banned

QSECOFR

Read the word NPower and backed the hell outta this thread!

No you never you stayed and posted a reply

Banned

Anyone current customer manage to convince them to install one for them for free?

iOptimistic
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants