Nest Wi-Fi - worth the cost?

Posted 20th Mar
looking at upgrading my failing bt homehub6 to nest Wi-Fi. initially with router only then maybe in summer/ black Friday adding a point, or another router.

just wondering if the performance over other options, tp link, tenda, bt etc justifies the cost.

has anyone that has this had any issues at all too?

thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

2 Comments
I’ve just bought a fairly basic router I paid about £100, I get my full 300 mbps throughout the whole house and garden, where my supplies router struggled if I went out of the room it’s in.

the nest WiFi only supports AC you could get a top of the range router with the latest WiFi spec (AX) for a similar price. I mean mesh systems are decent but the vast majority of people don’t need multiple points in a standard 3 or 4 bed house.

thats without going through all the other features you can enable that likely the google stuff doesn’t support (vpn server, vpn client per device to name two

also I wouldn’t trust google as the gateway to my network but that’s a whole other issue
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 21st Mar
You make some good points although the Wi-Fi 6 routers are still quite pricey and don't think the wife would approve of the design of most of them.

The bt hub I have is great when it's not cutting out I've not tried a different channel yet though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants