Groups

Net firms quizzed on Broadband speed limits !

Bosses at six of the UK's top net providers are being asked to explain why consumers do not get the broadband speeds firms advertise.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stmnews.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

7 Comments

Good to hear it... the broadband industry is a mess in the UK.

I'm currently paying £25 for 4MB BB with Virgin, yet it goes down to 2MB for 5 hours if I download over 750MB between 4 PM-12 AM, happening again if I go over 750MB when the 5 hours are up if it's not past 12 AM.

bout time

Tune Up

I'm currently paying £25 for 4MB BB with Virgin, yet it goes down to 2MB … I'm currently paying £25 for 4MB BB with Virgin, yet it goes down to 2MB for 5 hours if I download over 750MB between 4 PM-12 AM, happening again if I go over 750MB when the 5 hours are up if it's not past 12 AM.

Your lucky. I'm on 2mb and it drops down to 526k. A quarter of the advertised speed.

stora

Your lucky. I'm on 2mb and it drops down to 526k. A quarter of the … Your lucky. I'm on 2mb and it drops down to 526k. A quarter of the advertised speed.

Are you also with Virgin?
    How much are you paying?

I was just going to leave a message with "Virgin?", decided against it in case you misunderstood!

Tune Up

Are you also with Virgin?How much are you paying?I was just going to … Are you also with Virgin?How much are you paying?I was just going to leave a message with "Virgin?", decided against it in case you misunderstood!

Yes I'm with Virgin I pay £58

XL TV with sports and movies.
    Unlimited Phone.
    2mb BB

Banned

Apparently if you are not recieving the speed you signed up for, if you are in a contract you may have good cause to get released from the contract. I'm checking out money saving expert to see if he has latched onto it yet
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U8, U80, U80 Plus Smartwatches?66
      2. Customs charged too much for a little item!33
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111320
      4. Biscuit addiction2161

See more discussions