Groups

Netbook

I've seen this netbook in argos :- MSI Wind U100 10in Netbook
    But it doesn't have a cd rom with it. Is there anyone else that got them at low prices with a cd rom?

12 Comments

Pretty sure netbooks don't have cd/dvd drives

Original Poster

Well thats not cool

Argos sometimes sell them at a cheaper price on their Argos Outlet on ebay...but they won't come with a cdrom drive. The idea of netbooks is portability - if you want a cdrom drive you'll need to buy an external drive and connect via USB or buy a laptop.....

Get a second hand or brand new external disk drive if you need it.

you could get one of these for your netbook:-

[img]t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTexuoeS367p26-vxQFEjNWWVEykNn2zmmkl6jA16CcN8af__E&t=1&usg=__jlRlD3QUxrIpoiNB5OG3V09RJTg=[/img]

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Netbooks don't have disk drives to save space. Why do you need one … Netbooks don't have disk drives to save space. Why do you need one anyway. I don't use one on my netbook, and only use the one on my main PC once every month or two. They're a thing of the past.

i have to disagree

Original Poster

r4ge

you could get one of these for your … you could get one of these for your netbook:-[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTexuoeS367p26-vxQFEjNWWVEykNn2zmmkl6jA16CcN8af__E&t=1&usg=__jlRlD3QUxrIpoiNB5OG3V09RJTg=[/img]

It have to be at least a cd/dvd.. it would be useful for taking in the car for kids to watch a dvd

What do you use one for? Have never used mine on my laptop (over 2 years old) and rarely use my desktop one

joxeruk2000

It have to be at least a cd/dvd.. it would be useful for taking in the … It have to be at least a cd/dvd.. it would be useful for taking in the car for kids to watch a dvd

put all of your dvds onto an external hard drive. all of your films taking up as much space as 1 or 2 dvd cases
    Edited by: "sancho1983" 11th Oct 2010

Original Poster

sancho1983

put all of your dvds onto an external hard drive. all of your films … put all of your dvds onto an external hard drive. all of your films taking up as much space as 1 or 2 dvd cases

Im not sure i know how to do that sounds good though

joxeruk2000

do it like this:-

[img]t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxGIyHkmApaxkwo4-Y5tNYXSCaViPcnM2_exeCLAqNL0ZwKSg&t=1&usg=__HTf4130A4sdxJyL-aI0j-eWdM-U=[/img]

joxeruk2000

Very easy, I use handbrake - mainly because it's super quick. But you usually end up with 7-9gb file at the end. You might want to try a way which compresses it a little more, especially if you're viewing on the netbook so losing a bit of quality isn't important
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1218
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2033
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767396
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28106

See more discussions