Expired

Netbook - best product for around £220 ?

Found 6th Mar 2009
Hi all

Looking to purchase a netbook as a gift for a colleague who is leaving us next week - and we have raised around £220. Looking to find the best specced netbook available for that price (and where from considering I will need it delivered by Wednesday).

Aware that you get what you pay for - but we have a limit on the price above.

Had a look at the Acer Aspire One netbook which is around this pricepoint from Currys - as a starter for ten...

Cheers

1. Ask
  2. Netbook
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Netbook
5 Comments

i love my a150 acer aspire one - 512mb (i've upgraded to 1.5gb - tricky but doable, you just need patience and a steady hand!), 120gb hard drive, linux OS - it's a great little machine - i'm on it now

there are some which look a bit better now and have better battery life, but the battery life is fine for me

i paid about £220 almost 6 months ago but they're much cheaper now

Advent 4211 (it's a re-badged MSI Wind) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks all, have gone for the Medion deal at Sainsburys - which I understand is a similar device to the MSI Wind and Advent 4211.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

shady;4576919

Thanks all, have gone for the Medion deal at Sainsburys - which I … Thanks all, have gone for the Medion deal at Sainsburys - which I understand is a similar device to the MSI Wind and Advent 4211.Thanks for taking the time to respond.

How are you finding you new Akoya?? I have one also and it is a brilliant investment. Have you tried a different battery or upgraded anything yet??

scrumpypaul;4568099

i love my a150 acer aspire one - 512mb (i've upgraded to 1.5gb - tricky … i love my a150 acer aspire one - 512mb (i've upgraded to 1.5gb - tricky but doable, you just need patience and a steady hand!), 120gb hard drive, linux OS - it's a great little machine - i'm on it nowthere are some which look a bit better now and have better battery life, but the battery life is fine for mei paid about £220 almost 6 months ago but they're much cheaper now

We also have 2 Acer Aspire One AOA150-Ab Netbook's with 512Mb Ram and 160Gb HDD & love them
Post a comment
@
    Text