Groups

netbook help (will no longer boot from USB)

Have quite possibly the worst netbook in the world (an elonex websurfer with a mighty c7-m chip @ 1200Mhz dxdiag only shows 600Mhz) anyway that's not the issue. It used to boot from USB (external DVD or USB) however it no longer does. The USB ports are working and if I go into the bios on boot it sees the devices attached, I've changed boot order etc, nothing. I know the DVD or USB contains bootable media as works ok on other PC. Any ideas? Legacy USB is enabled in bios

10 Comments

Banned

Any ideas?

Buy a new netbook!

Sounds like you've covered all the bases! Only other thing to try is a new USB cable. Is the device is still visible inside your OS?

Original Poster

tried that guv'nor. To be honest I can make do I just wanted to try a linux distro on it. Plays my xvids when I'm hidden away in my van skiving which is the main thing.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

tried that guv'nor. To be honest I can make do I just wanted to try a … tried that guv'nor. To be honest I can make do I just wanted to try a linux distro on it. Plays my xvids when I'm hidden away in my van skiving which is the main thing.

Does the device boot in other machines?

Only other thing I can think is reflash the firmware / bios. Whatever the problem at least you 100% know is hardware!

Original Poster

Yeah boots in other machines, I give up.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

Yeah boots in other machines, I give up.

Just had a google and nothing comes up... only thing is try flashing the bios / firmware, though it really is a stab in the dark. Not under warranty I take it?

Original Poster

Nah bought it for pennies from a hard up mate, conned me really cos it's a pile of poo

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

Nah bought it for pennies from a hard up mate, conned me really cos it's … Nah bought it for pennies from a hard up mate, conned me really cos it's a pile of poo

LOL... Karma! X)

How did your lot get on this weekend btw? not seen any results apart from ours and brum!

Original Poster

guv

LOL... Karma! X)How did your lot get on this weekend btw? not seen any … LOL... Karma! X)How did your lot get on this weekend btw? not seen any results apart from ours and brum!

You live in a cave? Pardew is a tactical genius

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture

You live in a cave? Pardew is a tactical genius

Nope... just partizan! Oh - just remembered... I saw the city game, so know that also... Was that sarcasm and you lost?

Original Poster

Nah, good result mind. Still think Houghton was hard done by, but we are muppets up here. It'll all be forgotten in a couple weeks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?77
      2. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?45
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming37
      4. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1213

See more discussions