Expired

Netbook Wanted

Found 3rd May 2009
Im looking for a netbook, not too bothered about the spec but I don't want something that is rubbish either. I want to use it for general internet browsing, watching films and listening to music etc. Are there any on the market that are good? I have been searching through previous threads but all the deals are expired and I have looked all over the net but I am a bit lost about what kind of spec I need for my usage.
I really don't want to pay more than £150-ish
Any ideas will be really appreciated.
Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Netbook
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Netbook
10 Comments

Original Poster

Anybody??

Netbooks are not particularly good for watching films as they don't have CD/DVD drives. And, you'll struggle to find anything with a decent spec below £150. You probably want 1 Mb RAM, 120Gb HDD and Windows XP.

You might find something in PCWorld refurbisheds.

Original Poster

thank you, i was looking at acer one netbooks for around £180 with a similar spec to what you suggested is this a fair price?

louis08;5111832

Anybody??

you do know you've posted in feedback dont you?

Original Poster

Ah, thanks for that i didnt realise...will repost

On a lot of the cheaper ones that batteries only last 2 1/2 hours for web browsing so they may not be suitible for watching some films. If you can find the eee 901 around your target price then that'd be worth looking at as it's got double the normal battery life.

HI,

I have an acer eee pc 1000H netbook and I have to say it is very portable. For £150-£180 you'd at most be able to get an eee pc 701 which is a 7inch screen and 16GB SSD (basicly intergrated memory as suppose to a harddisk inside). For just web browsing, movies, etc this laptop should be fine although I have to admit the keyboard is very cramped and is not easy to touch type on (so emails would be a lil annoying and would take getting use to). However if you do bunk up your budget a little eee pc 901 or eee pc 1000H are very good products! Hope it helps.

Btw, the eee pc 1000H has a 10 inch screen with a 85-90% full keyboard size (basicly im able to touch type on it really easily^^). Yeh, battery life is longer, your using windows XP as suppose to Linux. Also you have more storage capacity for movies (40 - 80GB).

arsnic_uk;5113467

I have to admit the keyboard is very cramped and is not easy to touch … I have to admit the keyboard is very cramped and is not easy to touch type on (so emails would be a lil annoying and would take getting use to).

That's rather an exaggeration. The keys are actually the same size as a desktop keyboard, but they're closer together so if you're used to ten fingered touch typing you'll have a problem, and the different positioning and very light touch do take some time to get used to.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The term 'Smart TV'55
    2. Amazon Prime membership BF discount11
    3. Holiday discount centre is a scam34
    4. Camera33

See more discussions