EXPIRED

Netbook With HDMI - Budget - £200 Or Under

Hi - does anyone have a recommendation for under £200 notebook with HDMI out. Second hand (i.e. eBay!) is potentially OK just looking for ideas really.

I've found the Acer Aspire One 521 - but I'm sure there must be more out there.

Thanks loads!

5 Comments

toshiba t110- 11,6" 9 hours battery

actually i might have one for sale when my misiss is back from spain this monday su2700 4gb ram 320 hdd

Original Poster

Cool thanks, there's one going on eBay for pretty cheap at the moment actually - if your other half is still looking to sell on Monday do message me.

If anyone else has suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Edited by: "blueincubus" 12th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Any more thoughts anyone?

Well as most netbooks don't support HD graphics most dont have a HDMI port. So as a netbook you have three choices. Intel atom with Nvidia ION/ION2, AMD Neo/Sempron with ATI HD graphics (HD3200/3250/4200/4225/4250) or AMDs fusion APU (Brazos C-50 or E-350). But as the AMD is a new release your unlikely to find one in your budget.

The Neo based ones with HD graphics tend to eat battery's as it was never intended to be a netbook platform and is based on cut down notebook products. So is not massively ideal for netbooks. So bar you knowing anybody going to the USA in the near future so you can pick up a fusion based netbook at a good price you need to be looking out for a Atom with ION/ION2 combo.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sky or Virgin?1418
    2. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1015
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?24
    4. O2 data roaming in France44

See more discussions