Netflix 4K UHD content

Posted 10th Feb
I've just purchased a 4K TV and have Netflix.

To get the best picture quality under the 4k UHD account - would it be best for me to use the Netflix smart app on my TV or watch Netflix 4k through my Amazon 4k Firestick?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Probably Firestick.
Firestick
I doubt there will be much (if any) difference but it will depend on the TV.
Surely it will be the same
Native app should be the best.
On my c9 oled I get 4K Dolby Vision. Got to love The Witcher in that quality
ding10/02/2020 12:25

Surely it will be the same

I think there are some cases with TVs not supporting things such as Dolby Vision or HDR10.
mas12310/02/2020 12:02

Probably Firestick.

Firestick because it’s far more powerful than your smart TV.
mas12310/02/2020 12:35

Can you prove that?
Surely the TV processes the image so if the firestick 4k is all singing and dancing compared to the TV app for Netflix surely the TV still displays the best image, if the TV doesn't support some of the attributes of the firestick then it won't display them and will be equal to the 4k of the app
mas12310/02/2020 12:35

Bigfootpete10/02/2020 12:42

Can you prove that?

Yes, I’d just need the specs of OP’s TV to compare them to the Firestick 4K specs.
ding10/02/2020 12:56

Surely the TV processes the image so if the firestick 4k is all singing …Surely the TV processes the image so if the firestick 4k is all singing and dancing compared to the TV app for Netflix surely the TV still displays the best image, if the TV doesn't support some of the attributes of the firestick then it won't display them and will be equal to the 4k of the app

I understand what you’re saying, and there probably will be minimal difference with either option. But OP was asking what would give the better picture quality and thinking about it logically, I personally would use the more powerful of the two devices to achieve that.
mas12310/02/2020 13:01

Yes, I’d just need the specs of OP’s TV to compare them to the Firestick 4K …Yes, I’d just need the specs of OP’s TV to compare them to the Firestick 4K specs.

Thanks bud. I have the Sony 65XF9005
mas12310/02/2020 13:04

I understand what you’re saying, and there probably will be minimal d …I understand what you’re saying, and there probably will be minimal difference with either option. But OP was asking what would give the better picture quality and thinking about it logically, I personally would use the more powerful of the two devices to achieve that.

Many TVs have more than enough power to display Netflix at 4k/HDR with no frame drops, if this is the case than having more power would make zero difference.
gsj8710/02/2020 13:11

Thanks bud. I have the Sony 65XF9005

The Firestick has a faster processor, but your TV has 0.5GB RAM more than the Firestick. You can use either, it would make little difference.
mas12310/02/2020 13:20

The Firestick has a faster processor, but your TV has 0.5GB RAM more than …The Firestick has a faster processor, but your TV has 0.5GB RAM more than the Firestick. You can use either, it would make little difference.

Where do you check all these rtings?
Internet speed can also effect if you get 4k content.
mas12310/02/2020 13:01

Yes, I’d just need the specs of OP’s TV to compare them to the Firestick 4K …Yes, I’d just need the specs of OP’s TV to compare them to the Firestick 4K specs.

What about me, Samsung UE55MU6120?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants