Netflix and Google Play Credit - No longer accepted

Found 16th JanEdited by:"rapid111111"
It's been withdrawn.
If your subscription is still active then it's fine.
But if you cancel and try to return or start a new subscription, Netflix no longer accepts Google Play as a payment method.

Found out now when i tried to change back though live chat.
Who gave me this link

help.netflix.com/en/…049

Google Play

They advertised the feature all over the place when it was introduced, but they hid it when it was withdrawn.
So i'm stuck with £60 in google play credit with not much to use it on.
Community Updates
Top comments
Original Poster
M0nk3h4 m ago

So you'd rather have £60 unusable credit and complain about it? Great …So you'd rather have £60 unusable credit and complain about it? Great logic.

yes,. that's the plan.
Edited by: "rapid111111" 16th Jan
8 Comments
Here's a thought, just use your £60 Google Play credit on... the Google Play store? Like... the movies section?
Original Poster
M0nk3h9 m ago

Here's a thought, just use your £60 Google Play credit on... the Google …Here's a thought, just use your £60 Google Play credit on... the Google Play store? Like... the movies section?

no thanks. not really requesting a solution, pretty much know what can be done.
just letting others know.
rapid1111111 m ago

no thanks

So you'd rather have £60 unusable credit and complain about it? Great logic.
Original Poster
M0nk3h4 m ago

So you'd rather have £60 unusable credit and complain about it? Great …So you'd rather have £60 unusable credit and complain about it? Great logic.

yes,. that's the plan.
M0nk3h15 h, 34 m ago

are you new to hukd?

(/s)
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 17th Jan
I didn't even know it was an option! Shame
Not really a surprise to be honest.
Google Play credit frequently crops up with discounts. So say you were paying £8 Netflix a month, £96 a year, £100 for easy counting.
Buy £100 google credit for £80. Retailer gets a cut, say 10%. Google gets £72.
Now you spend £100 with Netflix, do you think Google gives them £100? Odds on they send them closer to £60.

What business would be happy receiving 60% of their advertised cost before they even make any deductions from it.
Original Poster
Oneday776 h, 8 m ago

Not really a surprise to be honest.Google Play credit frequently crops up …Not really a surprise to be honest.Google Play credit frequently crops up with discounts. So say you were paying £8 Netflix a month, £96 a year, £100 for easy counting.Buy £100 google credit for £80. Retailer gets a cut, say 10%. Google gets £72.Now you spend £100 with Netflix, do you think Google gives them £100? Odds on they send them closer to £60.What business would be happy receiving 60% of their advertised cost before they even make any deductions from it.

Not sure, seems to be going fine in a lot of other countries
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions