netflix issue

Posted 1st Jul 2020Edited by:"little_green"
getting error code ui-800-3 (104001) on my roku stick.
was working fine last night went to open the app today & repeatedly getting that issue.

i have reset netflix on the device
I have turned off the stick & off again (leaving it for a while).
I have turned the internet off & on again.
I have signed out of netflix on all devices (couldn't seem to do this directly via the app on roku stick though).
but still the issue persists.
when i open the app the error comes up straight away. Despite signing out on all devices it doesnt ask me to login in when i open the app, the error appears straight away.
any ideas how to resolve? everything else on the roku device is working properly.
cant see a way to uninstall netflix app from the roku device for a fresh install as think it comes preloaded
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
is there cached data in the roku app?

since you can't 'reinstall' the app in the roku as you suggest, the only thing you haven't tried is resetting the roku (factory reset)
Edited by: "hashman" 1st Jul
hashman01/07/2020 14:19

is there cached data in the roku app?since you can't 'reinstall' the app …is there cached data in the roku app?since you can't 'reinstall' the app in the roku as you suggest, the only thing you haven't tried is resetting the roku (factory reset)

how do i check chached data in the roku app & how to i factory reset the roku device?
little_green01/07/2020 14:14

what from that have i not tried!?

That’s Netflix own site so how is someone gonna be able to help you when roku and Netflix can’t.

And the words you where looking for was thanks but I have tried those steps
hashman01/07/2020 14:23

try …try this:https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how-to-clear-cache-on-roku/orhttps://www.tomsguide.com/uk/how-to/how-to-clear-roku-cache

tried clearing cache & still getting the error ...... am i screwed then. is netflix no longer usable on my roku stick
Phsycronix01/07/2020 14:32

Comment deleted

been on live chat almost an hour as useful as a choc fireguard. she asked me how i open the app..... how do you think!? telepathy!? i press the icon. keeps saying bare with me then says "is it working now" NO it's still not working
little_green01/07/2020 14:33

tried clearing cache & still getting the error ...... am i screwed then. …tried clearing cache & still getting the error ...... am i screwed then. is netflix no longer usable on my roku stick

reset your roku
support.roku.com/en-…008
I deleted as I realised you'd already been suggested the same above.

I notice; just as with all these help pages; they always make out it's a fault at your end. Never theirs.

"What to do next?

If you have completed the steps above but are still having issues connecting to Netflix, contact your internet service provider. They can help you determine whether your router is properly set up to communicate with the other devices on your home network."

I haven't seen anyone say theirs is working fine. Could it be a general issue for all Roku users? Or did the livechat agent rule that out?
hashman01/07/2020 14:40

reset your roku https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208757008

thanks will try this.

Phsycronix01/07/2020 14:41

I deleted as I realised you'd already been suggested the same above. …I deleted as I realised you'd already been suggested the same above. I notice; just as with all these help pages; they always make out it's a fault at your end. Never theirs. "What to do next? If you have completed the steps above but are still having issues connecting to Netflix, contact your internet service provider. They can help you determine whether your router is properly set up to communicate with the other devices on your home network." I haven't seen anyone say theirs is working fine. Could it be a general issue for all Roku users? Or did the livechat agent rule that out?

her resolution was: watch netflix on another device. jesus an hour on live chat for that.
I know this doesn't probably apply to you (as you've been using it fine up till now) but I did see mention on Google that certain Roku models will no longer be able to use the Netflix service.

Also, via a "Google" there was this post by someone with a seemingly similar issue. The reply from a Roku employee was to:

Remove channel. Restart unit. Re-add channel.

community.roku.com/t5/…303

Dunno. Worth a shot if you haven't already tried?

The one thing that irks me the most is whenever you contact these manufacturers and quote their error codes, they never seem to recognise them?!?!? Hang on - you make the ruddy things! Perhaps the boxes make them up for a laugh...
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 1st Jul
You seem to be a member of a very 'elite' club @little_green . There are so few entries on Google for the error code (104001) and the ones there are seem to point to an incompatibility between Netflix and 3rd party (non-gen) Roku devices. Is yours a recent, genuine device?

Just a thought. Could something have changed overnight from Netflix and now the stick has become defunct?

Hope you can get something sorted. Fingers crossed!
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 1st Jul
This has also happened to me today after working perfectly yesterday! Tried all the solutions above and nothing has worked!
Phsycronix01/07/2020 15:09

You seem to be a member of a very 'elite' club @little_green . There are …You seem to be a member of a very 'elite' club @little_green . There are so few entries on Google for the error code (104001) and the ones there are seem to point to an incompatibility between Netflix and 3rd party (non-gen) Roku devices. Is yours a recent, genuine device?Just a thought. Could something have changed overnight from Netflix and now the stick has become defunct?Hope you can get something sorted. Fingers crossed!

It was from Argos so definitely genuine. I think it a year or 2 old.
If others are having issues might be a roku/Netflix issue like you mentioned.
I'll try again later on fingers crossed Its resolved
Jinxsta01/07/2020 15:36

This has also happened to me today after working perfectly yesterday! …This has also happened to me today after working perfectly yesterday! Tried all the solutions above and nothing has worked!

Well at least I'm not alone. So either Netflix longer supports our Roku devices & we will have to get new ones or its a bug & will get resolved, here's hoping it's the later
We had this too. Just rebooted and worked again but done it a few times today on and off. Either when launching or playing next show
little_green01/07/2020 16:01

It was from Argos so definitely genuine. I think it a year or 2 old. If …It was from Argos so definitely genuine. I think it a year or 2 old. If others are having issues might be a roku/Netflix issue like you mentioned. I'll try again later on fingers crossed Its resolved Well at least I'm not alone. So either Netflix longer supports our Roku devices & we will have to get new ones or its a bug & will get resolved, here's hoping it's the later

I've been looking on the official forums and it's only one style of Roku stick that's not working, so looks like it's a software fault. Hopefully fixed very soon.
thanks for that reddeviluk- appreciate the update. I’ve spent hours trying to solve this so hopefully there’ll be some update issues at some point. Which forums did you find the info on out of interest?
reddeviluk01/07/2020 18:59

I've been looking on the official forums and it's only one style of Roku …I've been looking on the official forums and it's only one style of Roku stick that's not working, so looks like it's a software fault. Hopefully fixed very soon.

Jinxsta01/07/2020 19:28

thanks for that reddeviluk- appreciate the update. I’ve spent hours trying …thanks for that reddeviluk- appreciate the update. I’ve spent hours trying to solve this so hopefully there’ll be some update issues at some point. Which forums did you find the info on out of interest?

No problems, I only signed up for Netflix yesterday morning after 12 months away, so imagine my delight when none of my 3 Roku Express sticks wouldn't work...lol (typical).

I found the info HERE

So you're not alone. Netflix don't seem to be the issue, seems to be Roku themselves.

Rich
That at least gives me some confidence it may get fixed thank goodness! Cheers buddy!
reddeviluk01/07/2020 19:32

No problems, I only signed up for Netflix yesterday morning after 12 …No problems, I only signed up for Netflix yesterday morning after 12 months away, so imagine my delight when none of my 3 Roku Express sticks wouldn't work...lol (typical).I found the info HERESo you're not alone. Netflix don't seem to be the issue, seems to be Roku themselves. Rich

Thanks for all the helpful responses much appreciated
I had exactly the same problem today and spent ages going round in the same circles as you... and messed up my powerlines adapters along the way! It’s miraculously working again now which is nice... albeit not very reassuring that it could happen again!
Post a comment
@
    Text