Netflix (or other) to USB

Found 7th Aug 2017
Hello,

Does anyone know of a legal way I can get movies/tv shows onto a USB stick? I want to be able to watch them using a projector and a Sumvision cyclone multimedia player whilst away (with no Wifi). Will pay for the shows if necessary.

I currently have netflix and amazon video, so through one of those would be ideal! As far as I can see, I can only download and watch using the apps.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Download Amazon videos onto your phone and then plug your phone into the projector?

amazon.co.uk/gp/…820
Edited by: "bobdylan" 7th Aug 2017
Cheers, I did consider that, but the q&a's on the cables on amazon stated that it wouldn't work. It mirrors the phone/iPad but Netflix, amazon video, sky go etc. Are all encrypted to stop it working.
might need to download via iTunes/Google Play onto your device and find a way of hooking it up to the projector?
jcodonne51 m ago

Cheers, I did consider that, but the q&a's on the cables on amazon stated …Cheers, I did consider that, but the q&a's on the cables on amazon stated that it wouldn't work. It mirrors the phone/iPad but Netflix, amazon video, sky go etc. Are all encrypted to stop it working.

In that case, and I think this is the only way Sky Go will work, you might need to use a laptop with HDMI out and hook that up to the projector?
Couple of questions. What phones/tablets do you have access to. Also does the projector have HDMI in?

Thinking along the lines of USB OTG>HDMI, then HDMI to projector.

SkyGo will still be out though.
We have an iPhone, iPad, kindle fire and kids have Lenovo tablets. The projector does have hdmi in but Netflix/amazon video won't "cast", just YouTube and some others. Was hoping there was some way I could download the movie on the Netflix app then convert it somehow to Avi or mp4. Alterniatively buy them off iTunes and then convert them.
Might have to do what bobdylan kindly suggested and use laptop, but was hoping to avoid bringing that. Cheers
jcodonne23 m ago

We have an iPhone, iPad, kindle fire and kids have Lenovo tablets. The …We have an iPhone, iPad, kindle fire and kids have Lenovo tablets. The projector does have hdmi in but Netflix/amazon video won't "cast", just YouTube and some others. Was hoping there was some way I could download the movie on the Netflix app then convert it somehow to Avi or mp4. Alterniatively buy them off iTunes and then convert them.Might have to do what bobdylan kindly suggested and use laptop, but was hoping to avoid bringing that. Cheers

It could be looking that way. Netflix and Amazon will work this way but it depends on the device you trying to send it to. Is the projector HDCP compliant?

howtogeek.com/208…it/
help.netflix.com/en/…dcp
support.apple.com/en-…044
You won't be able to convert the files because they're encrypted to protect the copyright holdings, and it's unlikely you'll be able to easily decrypt them or Netflix and Amazon would have struggled to get permission from the copyright owners to allow downloading in the first place. Streaming via mirroring is usually banned unless via something like Chromecast through the official Cast function, which will have been implemented by the streaming service itself and will be using official (encrypted) streaming channels.
You can't ask how to legally do something that isn't legal

How do I legally steal clothes from Primark?
Ironic that it is so difficult to legally do this. But easy to do with non-legal methods
paul5551 h, 57 m ago

Ironic that it is so difficult to legally do this. But easy to do with …Ironic that it is so difficult to legally do this. But easy to do with non-legal methods

It isn't difficult at all
It isn't possible.
Try HD Cinema.
dereklogan712 m ago

Try HD Cinema.

Thanks I will look into that.
Is screen recording blocked while playing?
jcodonne4 h, 53 m ago

Thanks I will look into that.

but that's not legal which you said you wanted
paul55519 h, 59 m ago

but that's not legal which you said you wanted

Well how would I know that, until I looked into it?

Now I know it's not legal, I won't be doing it!
You're asking how to legally do something that isn't legal, unfortunately
Erubadhron2 m ago

You're asking how to legally do something that isn't legal, unfortunately …You're asking how to legally do something that isn't legal, unfortunately

Looks that way. Guess we will have to gather round he laptop/iPad
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants