Netflix price creeping up - Anyone else considering giving it the elbow - am watching less on it nowadays

Found 6th Oct 2017
Wink Link

Netflix has raised prices in countries including the UK and US for the first time in two years.

The streaming video service will also increase subscription charges in some European countries, a spokeswoman said.

A standard UK plan will rise 50p to £7.99 a month, while a premium subscription for four simultaneous users jumps £1 to £9.99 a month.

The standard US plan increases by $1 to $10.99 a month, with a $2 rise to $13.99 for the premium option.

A basic subscription in the UK, which does not offer high definition viewing, remains at £5.99 a month.

The increases apply immediately for new customers, while existing users will be notified of the change 30 days in advance.

Germany and France are among the other countries where prices will rise. Subscriptions were tweaked in Canada, Latin America and some Nordic countries earlier this year.

Netflix said in July it has 104 million subscribers globally, while revenues rose 32% in the second quarter to $2.8bn.

Shares in Netflix closed 5.4% in New York, bringing the stock's gain this year to 56%.

The price rises come as Netflix faces growing competition from Amazon and other sites such as Hulu in the US.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I'm in one of the HUKD families so a 25p increase is not worth bothering about.
12 Comments
I gave it up a few months ago, mainly use youtube, amazon and plex now.

I might pick it up again in a few months when content may have rotated.
I'm in one of the HUKD families so a 25p increase is not worth bothering about.
All on torrents anyway. Internet speeds are so fast you can usually stream it instead of waiting for it to download.
am wondering what you am meaning
I just go for a free trial every six months or so. Nothing to watch after 2-3 weeks.

Suburra series looks interesting though
we are in our own family group and find we watch a couple of hours a week but its hit and miss now the new series are out will watch more and the kids like it. What annoys me is the way the BBC have started to put their shows on it, even more recent ones they can sell these to Netflix for global use but these should be on iplayer instead.
ITMA2 h, 41 m ago

am sure you know exactly what they meant
deleted800342
ITMA5 h, 7 m ago

Am you?
Star Trek is tempting me for the first time ever.
At £2.50 a month for 4 sharing, it's still a fantastic bargain I think.
Like any streaming service once you have watched all you want to take a break and maybe sign back up in 3 to 6 months.
I tend to rotate between Netflix, Amazon and Now TV depending on what's available.
They all go through fallow periods as its down to scheduling.
50p hardly going to have to remortgage the house
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions