Netflix price increase

Found 4th Dec 2017
Well i guess everyone knows of the increase, 50p on the standard and a £1 on the premium, it aint the end of the world obviously, but im sure some of you had plans for the £1, just like i did . Anyway i thought it would be amusing if somehow we could through the power of HUKD arrange an on mass cancellation, doubt they'd even notice, but you never know. Let them feel the wrath of hukd members, when they have to pay more for something than they previously have
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
Still worth it. If you disagree, don't pay
Isnt it funny how the inflation figure seems to mean different values to different sectors.

Public sector wage inflation is 1%

Private sector maybe 1.8%

Retail food say c.10%

Utilities its 10-15% increases year in year out. .

ROBBING BARSTEWARDS..?
GNKelly0735 m ago

I never really said it wasnt, but an 11% price increase for the premium seems fairly exxcessive. What kind of an increase would register with you?
£1 is a lot when you haven't got it. See it as a few meals of beans on toast. cancel your subscription. If everyone followed suit they'd be out of business
it's increasing in price too often for me, I think it was £6 for HD when i joined and it's now up to 9 I just can't afford that anymore sadly
GNKelly074 m ago

Ok, superb asnwer, thanks for answering my question so conisecly
Just use a VPN, register an account on Netflix Mexico and you will only be paying just over £6 a month for the standard HD plan with the recent rise there.

Does not matter what country your Netflix account is billed from. Your Netflix app content is geographically located regardless..therefore for me I have a Netflix Mexico account by spoofing my location to Mexico and signing up , but receive UK Netflix unless I push the app through a DNS server and get content from the US etc.
pay via your app store and get vouchers at a discount rate
they won't care at all about an en masse HUKD exodus. they expect to lose a few in protest with price increases, but often that number is inconsequentially small
downgrade your package if the cost bump bothers you that much, you still get access to content and don't pay more, in fact you pay less
themachman5 h, 44 m ago

£1 is a lot when you haven't got it. See it as a few meals of beans on …£1 is a lot when you haven't got it. See it as a few meals of beans on toast. cancel your subscription. If everyone followed suit they'd be out of business

Lets hope the train companies overpay their staff with more money and reward their customers with a nice rise in fares!!
I'm pretty sure most HUKDers only pay a quarter of this anyway...
Id rack it up if I were Netflix. I doubt many will ditch.

Some of the movies they have pumped out of late have been terrible! I understand their logic, make everything and see what is popular but they need to get some quality control!

Althought, a vast amount of the mainstream users are used to watching bad tv so maybe it will even out a bit!
groenleader1 h, 24 m ago

Id rack it up if I were Netflix. I doubt many will ditch. Some of the …Id rack it up if I were Netflix. I doubt many will ditch. Some of the movies they have pumped out of late have been terrible! I understand their logic, make everything and see what is popular but they need to get some quality control! Althought, a vast amount of the mainstream users are used to watching bad tv so maybe it will even out a bit!

maybe we can make a hukd movie thru netflix as they are greenlighting anything now

32648276-BZ8eA.jpg
deleted1431257
Gomovies and Plex destroy Netflix in every department.
I think I can afford the 13p monthly increase for my premium plan lol
Sawb5th Dec

I never really said it wasnt, but an 11% price increase for the premium …I never really said it wasnt, but an 11% price increase for the premium seems fairly exxcessive. What kind of an increase would register with you?

Sawb5th Dec

Ok, superb asnwer, thanks for answering my question so conisecly

You didn't ask a question. You just suggested an immature 'let's all stomp our feet and cry' proposal.
chocci6 h, 15 m ago

You didn't ask a question. You just suggested an immature 'let's all stomp …You didn't ask a question. You just suggested an immature 'let's all stomp our feet and cry' proposal.

I most certainly did ask a question, to him directly, not the original post. Plus I would thoroughly disagree with your summoning up of my post, are all the people leaving bt because they upped the contract cost childish in your eyes?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions