Found 4th May
Hi everyone...

So, I've recently moved in with the missus and she already has Talk Talk for her Internet. Due to there being no Sky dish, I'm having to use Sky Go on the PS4 to watch TV. There was an issue with streaming Sky Go using the supplied Talk Talk router so I swapped it for the Sky one I already had... And that's now fine.
However, doing this has caused Netflix to be incredibly slow... Buffering for an eternity.
The Sky router is on the opposite side of the room to the PS4 and all other apps and devices using this WiFi set-up are working perfectly.
Before I go on chatting to Talk Talk or try a wired connection, I was wondering if there are any fixes to this you could suggest?
I've already tried using the 'Low' settings on the Netflix playback options.

Sorry for the waffle.

Thanks.

14 Comments

Original Poster

Forgot to add, I'm on the 4 device plan and have 4 profiles. I have tried deleting a couple of those to see if that helped with buffering but to no avail.

I think the only answer is to move out easy access to SKY and Netflix are surely more important than true love

I had this issue on the PS4 used the app on my TV and worked perfectly

Original Poster

Skaman

I think the only answer is to move out easy access to SKY and Netflix are … I think the only answer is to move out easy access to SKY and Netflix are surely more important than true love

I've certainly thought of that... Although, if I can have my cake and eat it then I will :-)

Original Poster

d2cracker

I had this issue on the PS4 used the app on my TV and worked perfectly

Yeah... Unfortunately my TV isn't quite smart enough to have the App built-in lol

can you use network plugs . tp link

Try changing your DNS settings to OpenDNS or Google DNS.
Google DNS
Preferred: 8.8.8.8
Alternate: 8.8.4.4
OpenDNS
Preferred: 208.67.222.222
Alternate: 208.67.220.220
Edited by: "welshdiver" 4th May

I've had this problem with my ps4...anything Internet related is slow...did improve it slightly by altering the settings on the router related to the speed of the wifi down to 54mps (802.11g instead of 802.11n) and that seemed to improve my speeds a thread here with more info
community.eu.playstation.com/t5/…175

from some research it's seems the wifi adaptor in the ps4 is junk. however it's still so slow on have just bought an Amazon fire stick...no regrets at all

BIG MISTAKE!!!!

NEVER MOVE IN TOGETHER...

I wouldn't worry about netflicks you've got bigger problems now

Sky Go and 'chill' just doesn't sound as 'dirty'. Hope you get it sorted

Definitely try a wired connection before anything else.

Don't own a Ps4 but had similar issues with my Ps3 years ago. Sure a wired connection would solve the problem. No need to run a long cable just grab a pair of powerline adapters, plug 1 into your router/modem and the other into your Ps4. Follow the Pairing instructions. The data will now use your electrical cable as a network cable and won't suffer wifi interference/drops outs

powerline adapters would probably solve the issue.

Frenchmeister

Yeah... Unfortunately my TV isn't quite smart enough to have the App … Yeah... Unfortunately my TV isn't quite smart enough to have the App built-in lol

​Get yourself an android TV box....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal12
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions