Netflix reminds password re-users to run a reset

SuperEd 13 replies
Found 18th Oct 2016
Netflix has reminded people whose user IDs are circulating in breach-lists to check their security and if necessary reset their passwords.

The issue resurfaced late last week, when an Adweek writer posted that he'd received a “reset your password” message:

“As part of our regular security monitoring, we discovered that credentials that match your Netflix email address and password were included in a release of email addresses and passwords from a breach at another company.”

Source

Hackers could take over Netflix accounts

13 Comments

Someone should tell to them chill ?

get my coat

Original Poster SuperEd

thewongwing101

Someone should tell to them chill ?get my coat

Wont let me log in due to *technical difficulties*

Original Poster SuperEd

yellowdawn

I tried a few times and finally let me in, prob getting bombarded with requests!

yellowdawn

Sorry, just wanted to catch up on Gotham. I won't be long.

Original Poster SuperEd

RossD89

Sorry, just wanted to catch up on Gotham. I won't be long.

Banned

Netflix has been hacked to bits. They need to introduce a second level of security.

ICBMiss

Netflix has been hacked to bits. They need to introduce a second level of … Netflix has been hacked to bits. They need to introduce a second level of security.

Just a level would be nice.

Mine appeared on a liar a few months back. it's not the easiest password to know si I'm very dubious as to how they're getting them. Since I changed, I've not had any further issues. Really annoying.

list*

I doubt it's actually a security risk more a ploy to get users to reset their passwords for the users that have shared their passwords with friends, partners, now exes etc.
If people have been using their friends account on the sly, they are not suddenly going to ask that friend they haven't spoken to in 6 months what their Netflix password is... Therefore new subscribers

There are a plethora of forums where people gain access to Netflix accounts via brute forcing and they either dump them into a text file for free or sell large amounts at a very very cheap price, so yes, you should be worried since someone could be using your Netflix account without you even knowing.

Netflix logins are everywhere for sale on certain sites from £5 definitely worth changing passwords regularly or if you see new programs being watch on your account.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed433
    2. Amazon deliveries36
    3. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    4. Computer upgrades89

See more discussions