Posted 14th Oct 2021
I want to set up a Netflix account, with Revolut card for the monthly payments. But I want to subscribe on Netflix in different country, because is cheaper, by using VPN (just for the subscription). Can someone write down the procedure step by step?
Do I have in the beginning to create a local Netflix account so to be able to verify me mobile number and then use VPN to subscribe to the other's country Netflix website? But how can I change the details of my profile? Can someone explain the steps that I have to follow?

Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    As above if you have a verified uk Netflix account in the uk. Cancel the subscription using a computer. Wait a few days and use a vpn to connect to the Turkish Netflix site. In the account area you have the option of adding gift cards. When you have a balance then you can sign up the the package you want. It’s an inflation and fee free way to have a subscription at a fixed cost for a number of years if you buy the gift cards in bulk. You can always go back to paying with a Revolut card if it is on the uk site already and has not expired.
    46302011-aOA7S.jpg (edited)
  2. Avatar
    Tutanota14/10/2021 17:47

I paid for Turkey without that faff of paying for UK and the only step it …I paid for Turkey without that faff of paying for UK and the only step it asked was to verify with a Turkish number. Thankfully had a mate with one so I was able to continueAlso paying with my credit card I get charged £0.13 for the non sterling transaction fee it comes to £4.72 in total

Yeah the phone number is the issue most of us don’t have mates there that’s not bad revolut last month was £4.60. Credit cards are more problematic from what’s been said on here in the past, starling used to work great with their debit card but that doesn’t work now or people have issues. (edited)
  3. Avatar
    Just do what you say, then once your paid for in the UK service works and you are fully verified cancel and the day after or even same day as your cancellation happens log into the Turkey Netflix and pay for that service.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
  5. Avatar
    deleted7595314/10/2021 15:59

Just do what you say, then once your paid for in the UK service works and …Just do what you say, then once your paid for in the UK service works and you are fully verified cancel and the day after or even same day as your cancellation happens log into the Turkey Netflix and pay for that service.

I paid for Turkey without that faff of paying for UK and the only step it asked was to verify with a Turkish number. Thankfully had a mate with one so I was able to continue

Also paying with my credit card I get charged £0.13 for the non sterling transaction fee it comes to £4.72 in total
  6. Avatar
    Tutanota14/10/2021 17:47

I paid for Turkey without that faff of paying for UK and the only step it …I paid for Turkey without that faff of paying for UK and the only step it asked was to verify with a Turkish number. Thankfully had a mate with one so I was able to continueAlso paying with my credit card I get charged £0.13 for the non sterling transaction fee it comes to £4.72 in total

I did the Turkey VPN thing but never had to verify a phone number? Although I do get charged that 13p plus 50p transaction through bank, I can live with just over a fiver for the full package ;-)

Just checked, it does ask to verify my number but I just haven't verified it, still works, has been for the last couple of months.
  7. Avatar
    I’m using Revolut, used a Turkish VPN and signed up without the need to verify a phone number, that may only be because it was my old uk account that I cancelled a few years back, works out about £3.50 for the middle plan
  8. Avatar
    Anybody used Halifax Clarity for the Turkey Netflix. Not accepting payment on mine, despite going through a VPN.
    I know Revolut is the answer for most stuff like this, but never had a problem with Halifax Clarity before.
    Anyone?
  9. Avatar
    Hi, I tried signing up to Turkish Netflix using Hola VPN on Chrome. All was well until entering card details - was presented with a error message: "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."
    I tried Startling, Barclays the lot, none of my cards went through on an existing UK account as well as a new account.

Any tips on a workaround? Thanks in advance!
  10. Avatar
    sham34118/11/2021 00:27

Hi, I tried signing up to Turkish Netflix using Hola VPN on Chrome. All …Hi, I tried signing up to Turkish Netflix using Hola VPN on Chrome. All was well until entering card details - was presented with a error message: "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."I tried Startling, Barclays the lot, none of my cards went through on an existing UK account as well as a new account.Any tips on a workaround? Thanks in advance!

Following
  11. Avatar
    You have to sign up as normal with your card and pay for a month in UK price, then cancel that month and when it ends renew it with the card already on file via Turkey VPN
  12. Avatar
    I quite like the gift card method

9x75tl giftcards from MTCgame are £5.22 each. Total £48.06 including fees = £4 per month (edited)
  13. Avatar
    mrjh02/12/2021 20:41

I quite like the gift card method9x75tl giftcards from MTCgame are £5.22 …I quite like the gift card method9x75tl giftcards from MTCgame are £5.22 each. Total £48.06 including fees = £4 per month

how does this work? And which one do you choose (edited)
  14. Avatar
    a guy can you make netflix turkey paying him directly with revolut, he gave me an account and I checked, the account is new and inside there is the revolut card. the guy doesn't want to tell me how he does it ... does anyone know how it can be done ??

46639237-OJprw.jpg

46639237-dH7Qr.jpg (edited)
  15. Avatar
    If a person has a verified uk account cant they just change the card to revolut one and then cancel once the remaining time is up sign in with vpn and pay

or does this not work?

Regarding the post above that does not work the person is not telling you the full truth.
  16. Avatar
    I need to change my Revolut card but am prompted for a Turkish mobile number... This is not the first time I've have to replace my card, I've been using this method without issue since 2018. What am I missing?
Top Merchants