Netflix ultra hd

Posted 11th May
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has ultra hd on Netflix as I just got a new tv, the Philips 70” ambilight and it prompted me to upgrade when I signed in, would it make a big difference from basic or not? It is £12 a month instead of £6 so I’m not too sure if it’s worth it, any help would be really appreciated!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Usually it would make quite a lot of difference but at the minute they’re capping the bitrate (which affects picture quality), so you aren’t really getting what you’d normally get for the money.

If I was you, I’d get the standard subscription for now and upgrade once they start to go back to the normal bitrate.

I hope that’s helped
Edited by: "Darryl_Pilling" 11th May
I don’t know if it’s really “worth” it. At the moment especially when they’re limiting bandwidth. Disney+ and amazon prime offer 4K for a flat rate unlike netflix which charge. Then again, I don’t have a TV license so I pay for it. You will see a difference, but probably not one thats too different to the HD package. Mind you, I have a 55” OLED, 1080p might look a bit lost on 70”. Could always try it then revert back if you don’t like it!
Netflix have more stuff in HD than 4K - personally I doubt you would notice much difference depending on what you watch.
We have the top option, but more for the multi-user aspect - the 4k option is just a bonus.
You bought a 70 inch 4K TV and was wondering if upgrading to Netflix UHD is worth it. I'll take a wild guess and say yes. Check out YouTube videos too especially Gemini man with the Dolby logo on them.
Yes I'm quite happy with the standard package, good enough quality for me.
Darryl_Pilling11/05/2020 11:32

Usually it would make quite a lot of difference but at the minute they’re c …Usually it would make quite a lot of difference but at the minute they’re capping the bitrate (which affects picture quality), so you aren’t really getting what you’d normally get for the money. If I was you, I’d get the standard subscription for now and upgrade once they start to go back to the normal bitrate. I hope that’s helped

Yeah that sounds like a good plan, I’ll go on hd for time being, thank you!
tan92111/05/2020 11:33

I don’t know if it’s really “worth” it. At the moment especially when they’ …I don’t know if it’s really “worth” it. At the moment especially when they’re limiting bandwidth. Disney+ and amazon prime offer 4K for a flat rate unlike netflix which charge. Then again, I don’t have a TV license so I pay for it. You will see a difference, but probably not one thats too different to the HD package. Mind you, I have a 55” OLED, 1080p might look a bit lost on 70”. Could always try it then revert back if you don’t like it!

Thank you!
alg11/05/2020 11:34

Netflix have more stuff in HD than 4K - personally I doubt you would …Netflix have more stuff in HD than 4K - personally I doubt you would notice much difference depending on what you watch.We have the top option, but more for the multi-user aspect - the 4k option is just a bonus.

I’m going to try hd, thank you!
Try it for a month, change back if you don't see the difference.
no point buying a top end tv and feeding it crap sources
Share uhd with 3 people and its only £3 per month

I cant watch sd anymore. The difference is night and day
MrHappyGilmore11/05/2020 12:26

no point buying a top end tv and feeding it crap sources

My sentiments exactly. What’s the point in buying a 70” telly and not taking full advantage?
Close your account, set up a new one with a different email address. Then go through turkeys Netflix.
40714295-PvlCa.jpg
Cost fluctuates over the year. But my brother has the same package as me for £7 more per month
Costs less than £5 if you sign up through Turkey on VPN.
4k Netflix is a must , Dolby vision makes a huge difference
There isn’t that much that’s in 4k on Netflix. Maybe check that the films and tv shows that are in 4k are actually of interest to you. Obviously there’s more being added all the time but maybe check the current titles
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions